Chapter Four: Never No More.📙

Previously: ( " That's weird.", I softly said to myself. " They're home early.". As I opened the front door I heard screaming and glass shattering.

(What the hell is going on?!) )

I ran inside the house, forgetting to close the front door. I heard mom's screams coming from the living room and rushed over to see her and dad fighting.

Mama's/Keisha's POV:

My blood was boiling and the only thing I felt was rage. How could he do this to me?! Why would he do this to me?! This son of a bitch wasted sixteen years of my got damn life! And for what? Sex?!

Keisha: YOU SICK SON OF A BITCH!!!🤬

Daddy/Michael: Calm down woman! I don't like being disrespected. Now I understa-

I lunged towards him in an attempt to strangle him, but he was stronger than me. He immediately got me off of him. He then pinned me against a wall and yelled for me to "calm down". My eyes watered, but I refused to let him see me shed even a teardrop.

Keisha: You know what? You ain't shit Michael. So who was it? Was it your fucking secretary? Or maybe it was your got damn boss?

Michael: Sarah had nothing to do with this. Baby just listen to me.

Keisha: SO IT'S YOUR FUCKING SECRETARY! You brought that slut into OUR home! You introduced her to OUR daughter! What the hell is wrong with you Michael? You have the audacity to tell me you don't like being disrespected, well what about me Michael? What about Y/N?!

Michael: Keisha, I'm sorry alright. I truly am. I'll admit I've slept with other women, but I only love you. They were never serious, ok? They were just for fun. I've only ever used them when I was stressed out from work. Listen, you were always to busy at the hospital to show me much attention so-

Keisha: Women?! Michael get the fuck off me. GET OFF!

He slowly let go of my wrists and took several steps  back. His eyes showed sympathy, yet no remorse. Why'd I marry this jackass? I should've listened to my gut and raise Y/N on my own. He isn't the worst father in the world, but he should've never been my husband. Never.

I slowly regain my composure and try to calm myself down some. But as his words played over and over again in my mind, remaining calm was no longer an option.

Keisha: ...Get out. 😤

Michael: Keisha, I said I was sor-

Keisha: GET OUT!!! 😡

I went into the kitchen and grabbed the sharpest knife we had. I acted solely on impulse and kept on screaming, I didn't know what else to do. He swiftly grabbed his coat off of the couch and dashed outside.

Before he drove off, both of us saw Y/N standing in the living room's entrance. He leaned over to her and whispered something before he left. I tried to slash his tires afterwards, but it didn't work.

So what now? Divorce? Yes, that's if I don't kill him first.

I needed to calm down so I took a deep breath. I walked over to the kitchen and with my back bracing against a wall, slowly dropped to the ground. Tears began to fall. I felt lost.

Why'd he do it? How could he ruin something so precious for "fun". It's my fault anyways, I knew who I married. But I never thought he'd actually go this far. Am I not fun to fuck around with? Why was I so stupid?

Y/N's POV:

I was stunned 😳 . I had just witnessed the worst fight I've ever seen between them.

(Daddy... how could you do this to her? Why with that Sarah lady?)

Questions kept piling up in my head, but I had to ignore them for now. Mama needed support so I ran to her side on the kitchen floor and held her tightly. I told her it'd be ok. We stayed like that for a while.

I texted Roxy and told her about what had happened. I told her how we wouldn't be able to hangout for awhile, she understood.

After a few days passed daddy came back for his papers and clothes. Mom was out getting groceries so it was just me and him. I leaned against the bedroom's doorway and watched him pack up his belongings.

Y/N: Why?

Daddy: Y/N this is grown folks business. It's not your place to ask me about anything. This is between me and your mother.

Y/N: You know she's going to divorce you right? This involves me. It isn't just grown folks business. I love you daddy, but how could you be so inconsiderate towards mama's feelings? It's cruel.

Daddy: Y/N I don't have time for this right now.

Y/N: Could you at least tell me where you're staying?

He rubs his face and sighs.

Daddy: I- I'm staying with Sarah. Do not tell your mother.

Y/N: Do you love her or something? Do you think she's worth more than your family?

Daddy: Of course not sweetie. Come here.

He sat me down on the right side of the bed.

Daddy: Look, I love your mother. She's one of the few women I genuinely do respect and-

Y/N: Then why?

Daddy: ...Because I needed more. Your mother is a very beautiful woman, but what can I say? I'm greedy. Sarah isn't anywhere near your moms level and she never will be. I'm staying with her because she's a caring person, I've never slept with her. I know I sound like an asshole, but it's a doggy-dog world we live in. You'll see that when you're grown.

(This is my father...)

Y/N: She'll be back home soon. You gotta go.

He sighs.

Daddy: I know.

He gathered what he needed and kissed me on the forehead goodbye. Her car pulled up soon after and as I helped her pack up groceries told her everything. Her reaction was surprising to say the least.

Mama: You know Y/N, you're fourteen now. You should learn how to study your environment. Learn early.

Y/N: Ok, but what about-

Mama: Come here babygirl.

I walk over to her and she pulls me into a warm hug.

Mama: I've known your father for a long time now, he's always been like this. If he wants to mess around with other women, fine by me. I'll always have love for him. With that being said, I've always had resentment towards that man. I'm still upset, but I'll recover.

She sighs.

Mama: Let's refocus.

She let's go of me and sits down on the sofa. She puts on Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta.

Mama: I've got better things to focus on. I can't keep this negativity around me. Stress isn't good for the baby.

She rubs her tummy.

Y/N: I fucking knew it!

Mama: Watch your mouth 🤭! You is a child.

Y/N: Sorry mama 😅.

Although I was currently filled with joy and excitement, I couldn't help but feel a sense of dread somewhere deep in my subconsciousness.

Does daddy know?