Chapter 19- Wilcock had it coming (mentally shrugs)

Začít od začátku

"I have never met a jealous colleague like him in my life." Aurora whispered, sagging back into the couch while I kept stirring the second-by-second going cold coffee, "Someone who would...who would go on such extends to harm somebody like that."

"Don't forget he was sabotaging Charlotte ever since she came back from Miami." Elijah added, ruffling Andi's little head on his lap, "Her pager, her charts, the I.Vs...then trash talking around the nurses. He—he wasn't like that when we all met."

I don't know how others met Landry. But I knew he was the first friendly face I encountered in the hospital. Er, actually Jackie and Bryce were the ones whom I saw first but Jackie was threading around me with thin ice while Bryce...well he was a hot guy and half of the times my eyes bugged out whenever he tried to talk to me. And then it was Aurora who was hell bent on humiliating me.

But Landry...he approached me. With a sweet voice and innocent face, both of us bonding over our mutual idol, Ethan Ramsey. I remember that moment, rather vividly in face because somewhere within, I wanted to know where the hell it began. That animosity...that rage...that jealousy which forced him to partake such drastic actions.

A blond short curly haired guy sat in front of me. He looked young for his age, but well who was I kidding?

"Hey, I saw you at the orientation. It's Charlotte Turner right? I am Landry Olsen." His accent, I immediately recognized had a southern drawl.

"Hi!" my eyes skimmed over the textbook he was holding. I noticed the cover.

"You are reading Diagnostics Principle by Ethan Ramsey?" I tried to keep my own joy. But then internally scoffed. That Ramsey just berated me in front of the whole hospital. Prized idol, my ass!

"Yeah, I totally worship the guy. Shrine in my basement and everything?" his expression went dreamy. I looked at him, bewildered. Well....that was....not expected. He caught my expression.

"Kiddin'! I am Kiddin'. I never kn'w if its clear ya jokin'" his eyes widened.

"Well...they say, never meet your heroes....." I trailed off.

But it has passed. The perturbation had passed with justice, witnessed by almost every doctor and staff in the hospital. I did not recalled the hearing because there was no point.

"I guess...I am slightly assured." Aurora rolled her eyes, "We are going out on our day off, my treat."

A collective cheer sparked up, scaring the animals. I tried to return it as well but failed.

"Well shit." Jackie chucked the words, "Farley gave us an up-tip about the raised rent. Like as if we were passing peanuts before to him."

Sienna groaned, "What? Not again! He can't do that!"

"He apparently can." I said, shooting a scornful look at the room in general. My mood was...well cold. I ditched the coffee in the sink, regretting wasting the resources and called in for the night.

Once inside, I closed the door and trained my ears, making sure that my friends were hell busy with their conversations. Then I searched in my phone for the contact number of the beauty vlogger Sienna had mentioned a couple of days ago in Donohue. Gwyneth Monroe.

The number rang for a few times before a cheery, trained and polished feminine voice flooded in, "Eldaro Agency, Payton Diner speaking. How can I help you?"

"Hello? Are you the agent of Gwyneth Monroe?" I sat up straighter and brought out— tried to bring out the businesslike tone which my mother always carried in her cords.