Chapter 151: Right Next To Your Heartbeat (EP. 02)

Start from the beginning

"None other than you," Aiden took it out and clasped it around her neck before commending how it compliments her eyes. He gazed at her as she probed over the pendant once more, her lips still parted in admiration.

Warm tears came into fruition once she finally found out it's actually a locket— a breathtaking, sentimental locket with endearing words engraved inside.

Our goodbyes are all lies.
Our I love you's are the truth.
— your lover.

She sobbed and allowed herself to let out a single wail, each inscribed word stirring her emotions wildly every passing second she rereads it in her mind.

"Do you like it?" Aiden nervously asked.

"W-why are you so obsessed in making me cry?" Elsa whined between sniffles, "Simply why?"

"That's not my intention," Aiden smiled, taking her small frame in a warm embrace, "I only wanted to make you smile in every possible way I can think of."

"You're not playing it fair," The ice queen complained half heartedly. Aiden lifted her chin and nuzzled her nose next to his, "Who said we should?"

"Me," Elsa wiped a tear with her handkerchief, "Just so you know, I'm never taking this off."

"That's wonderful, then," Aiden kissed her with an arm around her slim waist.

He caressed the pendant lovingly before letting it hang on his wife's chest, "My words are now right next to your heartbeat," He brushed her lips against her ear, "Where I should be."

She silently pulled him closer in silence, letting him reassure her that it's okay to keep crying. Although she tried to put an end to her tears, the swelling of her heart stopped that compelled attempt. The elation she is currently feeling is too much.

"H-hey..." She murmured, craning her neck to get a better look of his face. Aiden may be at least a head taller than his wife, it could've been hard to believe that this man used to have such an inferior frame in his younger years.

"Yes?" He smiled down at her, flicking a tear off her eye.

"Are you real?"

Aiden chuckled.

"You bet I am."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐣𝐨𝐫𝐝

The blustery winds sent the salty tides lapping against the other to rock local schooners docked nearby. The weather this afternoon is rather squally, and the formerly blue sky had retired into a solemn pale azure. Vagrant clouds almost blended with the sky's current color, if it wasn't for the patches of grey among it.

Somehow, Noah finally jumped to his newfound courage to ask his collaboration partner to meet him by the fjord; and of course, Helena didn't decline the redhead's invitation in a heartbeat.

The inopportune silence between them grew more and more awkward each passing minute.

And Helena is tired of it.

She's tired of this imperceptible game of hide-and-seek.

"Hey, Noah."

His name dribbled off the edge of her tongue as if saying it had grown threadbare. Her features had assembled a weary expression.

He turned to her in return upon the call of his name.

"Do you feel it too?"

He calmly smiled, knowing what she meant.

"I'd be lying if I said I don't."

And for a momentous second, Helena sucked in a sharp breath and scooted a little closer. Her hand, bare and warm, felt another lay on top of hers with a manner as timid as a mouse.

"How do you treat people who can do nothing for you?"

How do you treat people who can't be like Emma?

"I'll hold their hand and embrace them and tell them to just stay the way they really are and I'll wait for them no matter how long they take."

To be continued
on the next chapter...

A/N: So, HeleNoah finally happened 🤧❤ Does this mean Aria and Chandler will finally get a proper grandpa? ;) Let's take stuff slow, yeah?

~ Sayonara!