25 | It's Not What You Think!

You're a son of a bitch! King wanted to snap back, but his physical reaction was a foil — his amber eyes were wide, brows knitted from alarm, and his lips pulled apart. His heart drummed like a beat for the terrible suspense, breathing sharpened. He moved back as a reply.

"Come on, Mr. King, would you be as kind as to enlighten me?" Kain chuckled, hands gesturing on his sides, and an ever so-confident grin on his lips. His eyes were pinned on King, veins rushing with the adrenaline of a predator as his prey continued to back away to the wall with the amusing terrified look on his pretty face. "If you don't know, then I can gladly show you just what kind of a son I am."

King jerked when his heel and back thumped against the wall. He started heaving and feeling the familiar sickness in his stomach — the same thing that happened when Kain had pushed him down on the bed before.

He clenched his teeth and turned—

Kain slammed both his big-knuckled tattooed hands against the wall, pinning the boy right in front of him. He could smell the stench of fear in him, could see it right in those wide brown eyes. A low dominant growl slithered out of his chest.

"Number three," he said, "don't get cocky with me, kid."

The latter tried to fight his own body from cowering, but his instincts won. Kain huffed, slightly satisfied, but weirdly felt more irked and troubled at the response he managed to elicit from this boy. He grimaced. That's not right, he thought.

Then Kain's eyes moved down, widened, and sharply blinked when he finally noticed the bottle hanging from the boy's middle finger. His face paled at the sight of the tiny eight-eyed monster.

"What the f—" The werewolf revolted backward, face scrunched in priceless terror. "Why the fuck are you carrying a spider around?!"

King looked at him in confusion for a moment. Then the lightbulb clicked.

Oh.

King's eyebrow perked up, and a small mischievous smile sneaked on his face. "Are you afraid of spiders, Mr. Kain?" he asked, voice laced with teasing mockery. 

Kain glared at him, spitting fire with his eyes that King had no trouble hosing down this time. "W-who the fuck is afraid?!" he growled.

Obviously you. King snorted.

"Okay. Let's cut to the chase." King placed a hand on his waist and hung the other over his shoulder. "Tell me where our stuff is, and I won't let this little guy," he presented Peter, "and the big boys," he lied, "loose."

Kain looked at him in disbelief before it turned into a glare. "Are you a fucking idiot? You're using a fucking spider to threaten me, an alpha?! Don't fuck with m— ah!"

Hugh and the others looked up, hearing the faint threads above them.

"Is there any ongoing construction above?" Hugh asked, eyes fixated at the ceiling.

Yusef's smile tightened, and Zachary tried to keep a straight face.

"... There isn't," Zach said, looking at the empty seat where Kain was supposed to be.

King's room was now a tornado of an absolute mess — pillows here, pillows there, the comforter dragged around by two feet pairs.

King felt annoyed when he couldn't catch the man that swerved away from his empty hand. He gritted his teeth, and finally barked, "Get back here, you son a bitch!"

Kain halted, looking at him with shocked eyes and furrowed brows that deepened into a scowl. "You—"

Uh oh.

"You fucking brat!" the black-haired man snapped back and spun from his ground.

King's eyes widened. "Wai— Timeou— !" 

King was about to turn around when he tripped back and nearly hit his head over the dresser, not on the bare moment when the other man had firmly caught his wrist and pulled him into safety.

It was a flash; the werecat hadn't realized what had happened due to shock. He just felt warm hands protectively wrapped around him, and the next thing he knew, he was laying onto something — something warm, something rock-hard, something heaving up and down.

King's eyes widened, and he raised his head, coming eye to eye with Kain's also wide blue eyes. Their faces went from zero to a scorching color of a beet.

"—ing?" the front door opened.

Both the guys' heads snapped towards the door where a scandalized Pandora stood.

"I..." Pandora trailed off, blinking her unemotional eyes more than normal, decrypting why King's hands were planted on Kain's firm breasts, or more like why were they on top of each other. "I'll leave you guys be," she just said, closing the door behind her.

The two guys, who were sandwiching each other, paled. They screamed in unison: "It's not what you think!"