29 | Deal or No Deal?

"I'm gonna die if we stay here. I'm really gonna die. I'm not kiddi- Ow!" King yelped when Pandora suddenly pressed the ice pack on his busted cheek.

"Shut up," she said.

King pouted. "I did nothing wrong," he said, and silently mumbled gibberish afterward.

"Just getting food, huh?"

"I was!" King fought. A knot built into his throat, and he swallowed as Pandora's cold eyes glinted. He averted his gaze and went back to mumbling sorcery.

Pandora continued applying the cold compress on his cheek as she asked: "Who started?"

King's thought pulled between Gian and Vance. Well, Gian technically started first, but Vance was the one who poured oil into the fire. So who was it?

"It's you, isn't it?"

King gasped and stared at her in disbelief. "I told you, it's not fucking m-! Ow!"

"Mouth," Pandora threatened, digging the ice pack on his face.

King silently sobbed, remaining silent as he tried to contain the decimal left in Pandora's patience bar before she explodes, even though he knew he wasn't at any fault at all for the first time.

Pandora caught a glance at the time on the nightstand and finally called it a day. King blinked, head tilting to look up as she placed his hand on the ice pack and stood.

"Get some rest already," she said as she patted herself before walking towards the door. Halfway from stepping out of the room, Pandora looked back at King. "And please, don't make any trouble while you're sleeping, would you?"

King narrowed his eyes at the figure that had stepped out of his room, leaving him sitting on the carpeted floor, leaning in his bed in his own company around his large sleeping chamber. His brows knitted. He wanted to shout that he wouldn't get into trouble back at her, but he had doubts about it now. So he gulped, muffled a scream as he messed up his damp hair in annoyance instead.

Out of a sudden, he sneezed, followed by a chill that ran down his spine. King rubbed his nose, sniffing. "Ack. Now my nose is itchy," he said and thought that it must be because he still hadn't dried off his hair and was wetting the thin fabric that clothed him on this chilly night. Afterward, he rose and crawled into his bed, extinguishing all the tiring events into the back of his head without even bothering to close the lights.

---

The night expired, and King saw himself flying onto lalaland until his wings were pulled back, and he was choke slammed by a muscular smiling blonde-haired fairy(?) out from wonderland.

"-ing."

King moaned, thrown back into the dark realm between his dream and reality.

"Wake up," said the familiar voice.

King grumbled, weakly scratching his head and fluttering his night-glued eyes open as he forced his head to look at the other side and at the figure who was weakly shaking him awake. After he saw Bryce, he closed his eyes again, laid his head back, and pulled on his comforter.

"Whut?" King's word was smushed against the pillow.

"They're waking us up," Bryce sluggishly replied, still sleepy.