Chapter eight: existing

It was his fault, every bad thing that happened because of me was because of...him.
I felt angered and used. Was it really his fault or was it mine?
Without thinking I ran over to him and pushed Xander on the ground. He got up and looked angry, suddenly pushing me on the ground too. I got up shakily and punched him with force on his chest, the punch went him stumbling backward and he nearly fell over. Then almost as quickly as came he punched me back, he hit my jaw and I heard a crack from that.
I felt the blood running down from my mouth, I wiped my mouth and attempted to fight back, he gripped my arms when I tried pushing him away again, he was much stronger than I thought.
"you really shouldn't have tried that..." he said and threw me on the ground with such force I had the wind knocked out of me. I struggled to breathe as I stood up, my body shaking all over.
My last attempt was me gunning towards the exit, Xander ran behind me he was almost gaining up on me. I managed to open the door, the light shone brightly as I crawled towards it.
In a flash, I was in my bed, I was breathless and exhausted.
I turned over and I felt a sharp pain in my jaw, I touched it and it stung. I got up and to the bathroom.
Looking in the mirror I saw myself as a mess, my jaw was swollen a bit and there was dried blood on my cheek, my hair was ruffled crazily and my eyes gaunt and sunken. I looked like I got hit by a car. I brushed my hair and cleaned the blood from my face, I looked a bit better at least.
I walked towards my room and I stopped when something was moving.
In the light of my bedroom there standing before me was...
...Xander.