Chapter five: meeting him

I got back to my house as fast as I could luckily not getting chased by the police. I opened the door once I got to the front trellis and looked around, it was quiet...too quiet for that matter.
Quickly I went to Blue's cat bed. He wasn't there, in a panic I frantically searched the house until I found him under my bed, he was there all huddled up in a bundle of blue fur and green eyes. " it's okay, buddy, it's only me." I said but Blue still wouldn't come out from under the bed. I didn't want to pull him out that's for sure.

I quickly went to the kitchen and brought his cat bowl of food and water and set it near my bed where he can get to it. It was strange though because Blue wouldn't do that unless if something was wrong and now I think there is something wrong.
The day went by quicker than yesterday. Before I knew it, it was already time for bed, Blue still hasn't come out from under my bed. I made one last attempt to get him out.
"Come on, kitty." I beckoned him to come out, he hissed and dashed out from under the bed and out of my room. I shrugged and laid down, going to sleep.
I woke up once again in the same large auditorium from my previous dream, the atmosphere felt different, almost heavy, I almost had a hard time breathing.
Walking down the aisle a bright spotlight lit up the blue velvet curtains, I squinted in the bright lights, I felt rooted to the spot. I heard myself cry out as the curtains opened by themselves, once fully opened, I saw a man standing there in the middle of the stage, at least six feet tall, he looked like a magician of some sort with a matching black outfit and a blue cape as well as a matching black hat, from the feet to the knees was a white cloth in strips that wrapped up and down his legs. He whirled dramatically around, his cape flowing gracefully.
I gasped when I saw the face, blue hair and an eye patch with a crescent moon glowing silver. The man grinned in a crazed manner as he looked at me almost in a staring contest. I backed up a step and stayed where I was.

The man beckoned me forward with his white-gloved finger, I took a deep breath and started forward. I stopped when I was about a foot from the stage.
"Why don't you have a seat, my dear." he said softly and I narrowed my eyes. "I think I'll stay where I'm at." I replied and the man took out what looked like a wand and in a flash turned into a scythe with the blade near my neck. "I said... Have... A... Seat." he said keeping his weapon pointed at me. I nodded and shakily sat in the first row. Satisfied, the man hopped off the stage, his scythe turned back into a magic wand. He twirled it casually in his hand as he walked towards me.
"Luna." he finally said and my heart began to skip a beat. The man smiled as he lightly lifted my chin to look at me. "Yes, I still see that same little girl I've always known." he said and I began to panic, I've also noticed that his fingers were like sharp claws. "D-do I... Know you?" I asked trying to keep my voice from quivering.
The man chuckled, "of course you do, sweetie,  it's in the mind somewhere." I didn't know what to say, suddenly an echo went through my head sounding like a child's voice. "Xander the Great." I said out loud and the man smiled even wider. "and it's great to be back again." he said said.
"What do you want?" I asked and Xander stood there thinking for a moment before looking at me. "before I answer that, I want to show you a new trick I've learned." he said and took off his hat, he raised his want over the brim and waved it in a circle, he put the wand away in his coat pocket and reached his hand in his hat.
He pulled out a rabbit, "it'd be a shame if you forgot about Margaret." Xander stood back and watched as the rabbit gradually grew in size until it was as big as him, the rabbit turned hideous and evil, the eyes bulged red and the teeth grew as sharp as knives.
I backed away too and suddenly Xander raised his wand, a light blue aura came out as a single strand and stopped me from moving, I felt myself being elevated off the ground and towards the giant rabbit.

Its big ugly jaws opened widely and I screamed in horror, I heard a pained grunt from Xander, he stubbed his toe from the attempt of getting on the stage, the blue strand disappeared and it gave me ample time to escape, the rabbit grew back to its regular size.
I sprinted towards the exit, the adrenaline rushing through me.
"STOP!!" I heard Xander cry out before bursting into crazed laughter. I opened the door and quickly went into the light.

I woke up. I was in my room and I was relieved, I sighed and looked at the window. It was morning already, I decided to go on a trip. Not back at the hospital... but to the cemetery in my home town.