[ Chapter 6 - A Private Talk ]

Começar do início

I started to walk again and he trailed behind me. He didn't say anything else, he just followed. He probably realized I was going to explode if he pushes on the topic any further. 

Anne was so focused on the flower arrangement when we arrived, she didn't even notice us.  Her long grey hair was tied up in a bun on top of her head. She was still wearing the same clothes as she did when she was cheering us on earlier. I was contemplating if I should cheer her on but I felt like she needed silence more. 

After watching her for a few minutes I noticed a group of Beta arrive, Ace was with them. He was smiling and joking with his friend as if nothing had happened just now.  Tony seemed to notice his arrival as well, his hand clenched unconsciously. 

I tapped on his arm lightly and he relaxed it.  

The timer for the flower arrangement went off. 

Anne and her partner seemed satisfied with what they had done. She was smiling widely, it made me smile too. The arrangement they did was simple. The highlight of the arrangement were sunflowers. There were about five of them in the middle, white roses were used as the exterior. Wildflowers were sprinkled here and there and the rest were green leaves. 

Their competitors had red roses as their highlights. The arrangement was well organized too, but I was drawn more to the sunflower arrangement that Anne and her partner had made.

I hope they win. 

"Do you think we'll win?" Anne was feeling anxious. The three of us were making our way to the cafeteria, none of us had the chance to grab any food the whole day. The announcement for the flower arrangement was going to be held later on.

I glanced at Tony to see if he was going to be the one to answer. Things were still a little awkward between the two of us. 

"Of course," Tony replied.

Anne pouted when she sensed the tension between the two of us. We were able to quickly order the food we wanted since it was not peak hours anymore. There were only a few people in the cafeteria as well. We ate on the third floor, so only the forth and the third years were here. 

"Spill the bean, my friends," Anne squinted her eyes at us, going to and fro. 

"Um..." I began but Tony interfered. 

"Anne got cramps and I got mad at her cause she was overworking herself again," Tony lied. 

"I don't buy it," Anne smirked. 

The three of us have been together for the third year now, we knew each other to the bone. Despite how good of a liar Tony is, we already knew how to see right through it. 

Of course, since Anne was doubtful, we ended up telling her the whole story. Tony made quick remarks every now and then which caused me to roll my eyes at him. He was so childish at times, maybe he was even worst than Ace.