Chapter 13: When Love Turned into Lust

Start from the beginning

"Nothing." Gabrielle shook head and smiled at him. "I want to watch this."

°°°°°

Keonhee glanced at Gabrielle who is already crying beside him. He had given her his handkerchief and she used it so well. "Why is this so sad, Keonhee? He didn't mean it. He wasn't cheating on her."

Keonhee just chuckled as he watch Gabrielle wipe the tears that just keeps on coming. She really looked so cute in his eyes.

Until her expression changed.

"What!? The end!? That was the end!? It's over!?" Gabrielle asked in disbelief, her eyes looking at the black screen with the credits rolling. She looked at the people walking out of the cinema. People were looking at her. This was the first time she let people see her because she wanted to feel human once.

"Apparently, that really was how they should end up. They think their relationship is getting toxic and unhealthy so I don't think they have to stay together anymore. They just have to go to their separate ways." Keonhee explained, trying to ease Gabrielle's heartbroken face.

"But they love each other... They can fix that." Gabrielle looked so sad. She has learned a lot from the movie. From love, dating, pain, and toxicity.

"Darling, the movie would go three hours if that's the case. Let's just wait for a sequel, okay? I think there will be one, I guess." Keonhee thought and Gabrielle's eyes lit up. "Really? Then let's come back here when they release the sequel!" She wiped away her tears and pulled Keonhee by the hand.

"I'm already fine so let's go grocery shopping!" Keonhee just watched Gabrielle hold his hand once again. Just like the first day they met, but this time, his stomach stirred. It felt different than the first time. He couldn't describe it.

When they both got out of the cinema, Keonhee came to an abrupt stop when he saw a familiar face in front of him. She saw him and stopped as well.

"Keonhee?" The lady asked with her brows furrowed in confusion, her hand still intertwined with the guy she's with. Gabrielle looked at her and Keonhee. She concluded that this was Yoojung. Keonhee's first love.

"Yoojung?" Keonhee asked, but with a low voice. When he finally saw her in front of him after two years, everything went back to him like a wave.

°°°°°

"I love you." Yoojung whispered at Keonhee's ear.

Keonhee, who was busy admiring the stars above them, looked at Yoojung in surprise. "W-What...?"

She giggled. "I love you. I'm saying yes."

Keonhee stood up from the red blanket underneath them. "Really? Y-yes? We're finally dating?"

Yoojung nodded with a with smile on her face. "Yes, Keonhee. I'm all yours already." Keonhee covered his mouth with his hands as he paced around his place.

"Finally! I'm finally hers!" Keonhee yelled through the cold night sky and Yoojung laughed. Her laugh was music to his ears.

He turned around and crouched down beside Yoojung to give her a kiss. She smiled at the kiss before kissing back.

Ever since they were young, Keonhee already liked her and he didn't even expect he'd fall in love with her so deeply when they grew up. At eighth grade, Keonhee finally had the courage to confess his feelings to Yoojung. She likes him too but they were so young at that time so she decided to see how long this will go. Every effort Keonhee has done for her reached her heart and planted its roots there. She fell deeply in love with him too. She thought this was the right time to finally risk it.