🔷 25 - Sudden Behaviour 🔷

Air was quietly making his way home, while gripping the strap of his blue backpack. It didn't took long before he finally reached his house again. He heaved a long sigh, feeling so tired with school and everything from it. Not for long, he opened the door of his house, going inside and closing the door behind him afterwards.

By the time he entered inside, he noticed the atmosphere around him was pretty... gloomy. But he just shrugged it off as he took off his school shoes, putting them beside the door. As he was about to go upstairs to his room, he spotted his mother, preparing their dinner as usual, but something made him wonder the moment he looked at her.

A dreary expression was plastered on her face, as she heaved a deep sigh from time to time. 'Did something happened while I was away?' Air thought, with one of his brows raised in suspicion.

He was about to ask his mother what's going on when Angin suddenly arrived from the scene, making him groan in annoyance.

"Mom! What's for..." His little brother trailed off when he saw Air standing a few feet close to him. The latter gave him a menacing glare, causing the wind elemental to trembled from his cold stare. "... d-dinner..."

Air scoffed from his little brother's reaction, rolling his eyes before going upstairs to his room, intentionally bumping to his little brother as he passed by him.

Angin almost lost his balance completely when Air bumped him, not knowing the reason why he even done that in the first place. He was displeased by it, thinking that that was rude of him to do that to him, even though he hadn't even done anything to him in the first place.

Air on the other hand, didn't care less about it. He just didn't had the mood to face his mother, especially his little brother. But he didn't know that he was being too harsh to his young brother lately.

The wind elemental could only stare at his big brother in disbelief. This indecent behaviour of his older brother made him feel dejected on the inside. His big brother he once knew, entirely changed into someone he doesn't know.

In fact, he honestly didn't know if he still has enough hope that his big brother will change back to the older sibling he once knew who had made his day wholesome.

Also, he wanted to inform his big brother about what had happened to Lucky. Though, he was still afraid of his big brother who became a complete stranger to his eyes. But nevertheless, he gained enough courage to call his big brother and tell him about it.

"Big brother—"

But what he did, was his biggest mistake ever.

"Shut up, will you?!" The water elemental snapped. "Get out of my sight! I don't want to see you!"

What did he even do to him...?

Angin got startled by those insolent response, making his heart ache once more. 'First Lucky, and now, this...?' He thought, as tears started to form from his doleful eyes.

"Air!" The mother scolded the water elemental, making the latter grumbled under his breath. "Why are you acting like that to your young brother?!—"

"I don't want to get involve into this stupid mess..." Air muttered, as he continued walking upstairs to his room, disrespectful for him to not even finishing his mother's lectures to him.

"HEY! AIR! I'M NOT YET— WHY ARE YOU—" Their mother sighed heavily, then turned to face Angin with a look that says, she is sorry for his big brother's shameless attitude.

The wind elemental gave her a sad but genuine smile in response, even though deep inside, his heart already got crushed by those hurtful words his big brother just said to him.

"Don't worry, Mom. I'm okay!" Angin replied, forcing a chuckle afterwards.

But he didn't noticed that, his eyes were starting to tear up... again.

<> <=> <>

Angin didn't know what to feel anymore. Different emotions were completely mixed up from his mind that he couldn't even focus on his schoolworks anymore. He was just feeling very depressed lately.

Not to mention, his best friends weren't there to accompany him in school as he thought maybe they're absent today. But without them, he felt really lonely, and so lost.

Negative thoughts started to take over his mind, with all his positivism and determination, were now being replaced by hopelessness and discouragement.

And because of that...

... the happiness he once had, got withered away.