🔷 14 - New Member 🔷

[Air's POV]

Can I say that I enjoy hanging out with a friend, who's actually a nerd at the same time?

Yeah, I do enjoy my company with him. Not only we share the same interests, but also we each have different gifted powers. I thought Cahaya's only going to be my annoying, 'feeling-smartest' seatmate throughout the school year.

I guess I was wrong.

Not to mention, we frequently hang out together. Not only in school, but also outside. Man, to be honest, when was the last time I get to freely go out of the house? Let's just consider that, I'm lucky enough to be able to hang out with a friend outside.

Besides, I have to enjoy these moments while it lasts.

<> <=> <>

Currently, we're attending our fourth period, which is the subject that most students hates: Math. But, me and Cahaya? We're just chillin' with this subject. Plus, few minutes left then, time for lunch break!

Speaking of Cahaya, I noticed him looking at a particular student, so I also took a quick glance to where he was looking. There, I saw that one classmate of ours, wearing a yellow cap just a few meters away from where me and Cahaya were seated. And somehow, he's kind of familiar...

Petir? The silent and looking-all-scary guy? Why is he gazing at him? My brows knitted in confusion as to why Cahaya's kind of having an 'interested' look at one of our schoolmates.

"Okay, students. Study well for our quiz tomorrow. Class dismissed." Our Math teacher stated, as she then started fixing up her things and left the classroom, making all of us got up from our seats and begun fixing our things as well.

"Hey Air." Cahaya called me, as he arranged his things and put them inside his bag.

"Yeah?" I asked, slinging my bag on my shoulder and looked at him. I have a feeling that he'll ask about...

"Do you know him?" My light elemental friend asked, pointing at the yellow capped classmate of ours he was staring at earlier. Like what I thought.

I just shrugged my shoulders in response. "He's kind of quiet so, I barely know him." I replied, as I pursed my lips. "All I know is that, Petir is his name."

Cahaya hummed, staring at the boy. "Wanna go and meet him?" He asked, glancing back at me.

Um, I'm okay with the two of us being the only close friends in the world. But sometimes, one of us would be a third wheeler when we hang out with another one. But hey, I think having a third member of the group might be cool too.

"He's seems cool to me." He added, grinning. Yeah, I think Petir's kind of cool, but I don't think he has any experience of... socialising with other people...?

"I don't see why not." I just simply said, then grinned as I looked back at him.

"Alright then. Come on." Cahaya stated, grabbing his book and notebook and made his way towards our quiet classmate. I just followed behind him afterwards.

When we got near him, we noticed he was fixing his things and he hadn't noticed us approaching him. Since he was facing his back, Cahaya tapped his shoulder, trying to get his attention. When he did, Petir turned around, with his brows furrowed.

"Hey there!" Cahaya greeted, grinning at him as he waved his hand slightly. "The name's Cahaya and this boy beside me is my friend, Air." He introduced, which made the yellow capped boy peered at us blankly.

"If you're here just for me to become friends with you, sorry, I declined." Petir said, straightforwardly as he grabbed his things and turned away from us, taking his leave. "Besides, who needs friends anyway? They're nothing but an excess baggage in our lives."

Okay, that's kind of cold and, indecent...? Now I see why he's scary for most of our schoolmates here.

When our classmate, Petir was about to exit the classroom, he stopped from the doorway when I heard Cahaya telling him...

"I think you're pretty cool, Petir." My light elemental best friend stated, grinning. "Let's be friends."

After Petir heard those sincere words coming from Cahaya, he slowly turned around and faced us, with his eyes widened in either shock or surprise.

"You think... I am?" He asked, still looking surprised as ever.

Cahaya's grin grew wider. "Yeah. You are." He said, making Petir curved a small smile. I only smiled at him.

"Okay, I'm glad to be friends with you two."

<> <=> <>

Wow, I still can't believe Cahaya had the guts to ask the fearsome Petir to join us. But what I couldn't believe the most is that, we just happened to get along pretty well in just a couple of days. I never thought that—no, it was unexpected that our menacing-looking classmate can also be very sociable too.

Furthermore, I can't believe that he also has his own gifted powers like us. Is this why he's silent all these years? Because of the fact that, he also has gifted powers like us? Or probably... something else?

By the way, we can't use our powers in school since, firstly, it's dangerous. Secondly, we wanted to keep it as a secret. Lastly, we use our powers when it's needed.

Presently, we were hanging out together. Today's a weekend so, why not spend some time with my close friends? But now, we're on our way home since, the sun is setting from the horizon.

"So, let's chat again later on?" Petir said, as he grinned at us.

"Right! And, let's hang out again some other time?" I asked, earning a nod from Petir and Cahaya.

"Okay then! Gotta go now guys, bye!" Cahaya said, as he bid his farewell to me and Petir then went off shortly after.

Both Petir and I separated our ways too, also bidding our farewells to each other then made our way back home afterwards.

Honestly, I enjoyed every hours I spent with my best friends. Surely, I could still hang out with them one day if we ever planned something out again.

I just feel like everything just happened so fast. Me and Cahaya just had a new member in our little group, in which later on, became our close friend. Everything just happened so surprisingly sudden.

Heh, having two, cool and close friends in our friendship circle couldn't get my days any better.