🔷 11 - Buddy 🔷

[Angin's POV]

"Big brother Air?" I called, looking at my older brother with my head tilted slightly. "How come you have powers and I don't?" I asked, pouting while glancing on both of my hands.

My big brother hummed, lifting up one of his hand towards my cheek and caressed it. "Maybe, you do have gifted powers but, have you tried summoning it?" He asked, a small smile curved on his lips.

"I don't know how...!" I whined, both of my shoulders dropped at the same time. "How can I protect myself, or someone if I can't summon my powers?" I stated, looking down at the ground gloomily and sighed afterwards.

Big brother Air frowned, as I felt him lifting up my chin for me to look at him. "Hey," He uttered, and smiled warmly. "You can still protect anyone and yourself even without your powers. All you have to do is to just, stay strong and be brave; know how to stand up for yourself and to other people who are in need." He said, as he fixed my cap to the side.

"Be fearless, my little breeze. Be courageous."

<> <=> <>

My eyes fluttered open, as I woke up from my small nap. A dream about my big brother? That's rare...

... or was it, a memory?

I shook my head to get back to my senses, then looked at the unconscious student who got bullied, lying down on the soft bed. 'He's still sleeping...' I thought, my lips pursing.

I'm here, seated on a chair next to his bed, just to watch and look after him.

I thought of watching over the boy for a while since, I wanna know if he's okay. I didn't care about skipping my classes for a moment because this student— who just got harassed by a group of bullies— is my number one priority, and I need to check if he's alright. Plus, I didn't have to worry about not attending my classes since I asked permission to the teacher who saw us earlier if I could stay here for a bit, in which she agreed.

Not for long, I heard the door closing from a distance, which caused my fellow schoolmate to wake up from his few hours of rest. His eyes slowly opened, trying to adjust from the glaring light from above. Afterwards, he sat up from the bed, making me sigh in relief.

"You're okay..." I said as I smiled softly at him, which made the student startled from my sudden statement and looked at me in surprise. Oops... hehe, my bad.

The student's brow knitted, looking at me in confusion. "Who are you...?" He asked, making me smile once more.

I offered my hand to him, asking for a handshake.  "I'm Angin." I introduced, grinning afterwards.

"Api." The crimson-eyed student named Api, flatly stated, and reached for my hand for a handshake.

"Nice meeting you, Api."

Api's eyes then wandered around the room, then asked. "Where am I...?"

"Oh, you're in the clinic. I saw you getting attacked by those bullies so I ran towards you to stop them. You were beaten up pretty badly so I thought of bringing you here in the clinic. Don't worry, the boys who bullied you a while ago were asked to go to the principal's office." I stated, and grinned.

"Oh..." The red capped boy mumbled. "Thanks..." He sincerely stated, looking at me with a small smile plastered on his lips.

"No problem!" I cheerfully replied to him.

"Wait, shouldn't you be attending your classes at this moment?" He asked, with a worried tone in his voice.

"I excused myself just to look after you and, they let me anyway." I answered, chuckling quietly. He then stared at me, his eyes widening in shock afterwards.

"What happened there?" He questioned, pointing at something on my cheek.

"Oh, this?" I asked, pointing at the bruised cheek and laughed slightly. "This is nothing."

"Hey, what happened, really?" He asked once more, as he insisted me to tell him.

To be honest, I don't want to tell him about what had happened earlier because I didn't want to worry him. But I guess, he needs to know the truth, and I can't lie to him. Shortly after, I heaved a long sigh, looking at the floor gloomily.

I then started telling him everything that had happened. From the part where I stopped the bullies from hurting him, until the part where the teacher and I sent him here in the clinic.

"Angin..." Api gently called.

I glanced at him. "Yeah, what is it?"

"Why would you save someone who's just a useless person like me...?" He asked, biting his lower lip and looked away gloomily.

My lips curved a sad but genuine smile, as I looked at him. "Because I care." I softly stated. "And, you're not useless, Api. Nothing and no one is useless. Nobody is born useless. Don't ever think you're useless, because you're worthy. You're everything, just think about that." I added, gently placing a hand on Api's shoulder.

He then turned his head to face me, his crimson eyes starting welled up with tears. "... Thanks Angin..." He genuinely stated, which made my lips formed a warm smile.

"You're welcome, Api."

<> <=> <>

Our classes ended after a couple of hours, and currently, it's our dismissal time. Here I am, excitedly walking my way out of the classroom because it's time to go home. I proceeded towards the hallway, gripping on to the strap of my backpack.

Few minutes later, I spotted a familiar student making his way towards the exit of the school building. A wide smile formed my lips as I recognised him.

"Hey Api!" I cheerfully called, swiftly going towards him. The said person spun his head to my direction, smiling back afterwards.

"Hey, Angin!" He greeted, chuckling lightly.

"Wanna go out every dismissal time together? 'Cause, I'm mostly lonely during dismissal." I stated, giggling slightly.

Api's smile widened. "Sure. I don't mind."

"Sweet!" I bubbly exclaimed. "Then, let's go together, my friend!" I added, grinning as I nudged his shoulder. 

Api looked at me and grinned, nodding afterwards. "Okay, friend!" He happily said, slinging an arm around my shoulder after.

We then walked towards the exit together, with happy smiles plastered on our faces. I never felt so grateful in my life. Finally, I can have someone to talk to, and to hang out with.

Api, who happens to be my first, ever buddy.