🔷 10 - Good Person 🔷

[Angin's POV]

As much as I don't want to leave my big brother, but school's forcing me to be separated with him every week. I needed more time just to be there for him, but I can't. Sometimes, I need to sacrifice my time just for the sake of my love ones I care about.

I hate to admit but, whenever big brother always tell me that he's going to be alright, I feel like it won't, for him. Now that school's starting, I can't be there for him everyday. Weekends are not enough for me to spend some more quality time with my big brother.

Once, I told Mom not to let me and big brother go to school, but she'd only denied it and told me it's for the sake of me and my big brother's future. Though, I can't say no to her since she is right all along but, what about our mental health? If we want to be successful in the future, then we should have good mental state.

I'm just afraid and worried about my big brother whenever he goes to school. Sometimes, I just don't want him to go or sometimes, I just faked that I feel sick just so I could be absent and be there for my older brother if he doesn't have any classes. I just deeply cared about him, well, not in a motherly-instinct way but, just the fear of loosing my only big brother would turn my whole world upside down.

Well, here I am, in school, where I don't wanna be in the first place, but I get to wear my blue cap which my Mom gave to me from my birthday. I don't like school because firstly, I don't have friends. Secondly, some teachers are just too strict with us as students. Lastly, bullies.

But even though I'm a loner in school, I still get to help people when they need it. I can forgive people easily when they also know how to forgive me back. Well, I may not be popular in anyone's eyes from what I've done good to someone, or something, but I'm positive enough surely that, they'll accept those small but kind gestures I'd done for the people I'd helped.

Some referred to me as an 'angel' to their eyes, while some even called me as, 'the kindest person they've ever met'. Well at first, I was flustered with those names they're calling me but, I felt warm and contented by it actually. I never had those heartwarming remarks like that before in my life. It felt good honestly.

Currently, I was just silently walking through the hallways of the school, while carrying few books on my hands. Few moments later, I heard a faint, wicked laughter and someone exclaimed not far from where I am right now.

"HA! LOSER!"

Curiously, I went towards those voices and it lead me to... a group of boys, trying to hurt... a boy who's around my age.

"What now, small brat?" One boy from the group said, smirking evilly with both of his arms folded on his chest.

"Crazy mischief-maker!"

"Freak-head!"

I watched in horror as I saw how they spat rude things about him and how cruel those boys are to the poor student. I pity him so bad. Those boys are literally taking everything too far.

Then unexpectedly, they started hurting him pretty badly, which made my eyes widened in shock. Suddenly, I felt my hands forming into fists, my teeth clenched tightly. And for the first time, I felt anger rising up inside of me.

"You're weak, and you'll always be weak!"

That's when until... I couldn't hold it in any longer and sprinted towards them.

"HEY! STOP HURTING HIM!" I exclaimed, running towards those ruthless bullies to stop them.

The group of bullies then turned to look at me, an evil smirk was plastered on their faces. I made my way towards the unconscious student, defending him afterwards.

"Go away! I won't let you hurt him!" I stated, giving each every one of the bullies an intense glare.

"My, my, what a brave wittle hero, isn't he?~" One of the bullies teased me, making the others laugh from his response. One of them then cracked his knuckles, slowly walking closer towards me with a malicious grin plastered on his face.

"Let's see how brave this wittle warrior is~" He said, before restraining me and started hurting me too. It was also so sudden when one boy from the group punched me hardly on the face, causing me to flinch in pain.

But, I didn't care less. I tried to resist every pain I'm feeling right now. I just don't want innocent people to get hurt no more.

Fortunately, I heard someone shouted from a distance, which made the bullies stopped hurting me and dropped me on the ground without warning, making me grunt afterwards. They then started running away, afraid that they'll get caught.

As I slowly got up, I looked over to the student who was still unconscious from getting beaten up by the mean bullies. I carefully crawled towards him to check on him.

"Are you two okay!?" A teacher came to us, looking at us worriedly. I nodded slightly in response.

"Come on, let's get both of you to the clinic." She said before carrying the student on her arms and went to the clinic, as I followed behind her afterwards.

As we walked towards the clinic, I took glances at the boy who's unexpectedly wearing a cap like me but red in color. My brows furrowed when I saw some bruises on his face, which made my heart dropped at the sight of it. But then, I sighed in relief as I saved him from those merciless bullies.

Sometimes, you just need to be the good person in the eyes of the bad ones.