::18::

"It's good to be home," Ellen said, picking Elvis up off of the ground. Alex shook his head.

   "You really love that dog, don't you?" He said. Ellen laughed.

   "Alex you can't tell me you didn't miss him," she said. Alex rolled his eyes.

   "Fine," he said. She set the dog down and he ran around for a moment, before finding a chew toy.

"So when do you go back to work?" Ellen asked him.

"Two days," he said. "What about you?"

"Same," she said. They looked at each other, before bounding towards each other, catching the other in a kiss. They sat on the couch, only deepening it.

   Weeks later, and things were back in full swing for the newly married couple. Alex's work had been taking up lots of time, and it sometimes felt like a chore. He didn't understand it. This had always been his dream, and he loved his job, but he was married now. He missed going out to dinner and spending his free time with her. He knew that it would slow down eventually though, so he would just have to wait it out.

   It was one of those nights where Alex was getting home a little later then he had hoped. He unlocked the door to the apartment and walked in, petting Elvis who was laying down at the doorway.

   "Hi honey!" He exclaimed. He looked around and didn't see her, so decided to head towards the bedroom. He walked in and saw Ellen sitting on the bed. She had one leg hanging off of the mattress, and the other one bent on top of the bed. She was hugging a pillow and reading a book. Alex smiled. She looked up.

   "Hi," she said quietly, putting the book down. He squinted.

   "What's up?" He said. Ellen hugged the pillow tighter.

   "Come here," she said, holding her arms out for him. He jumped onto the bed, making the springs squeak slightly. He pulled her into his body tightly.

   "Is something wrong?" He asked. Ellen separated and moved her body so they were facing each other, sitting crisscross.

   "Alex," she said quietly, and he couldn't help but wonder why she was being so quiet. He nodded, letting her know that he was listening. "We're gonna need a bigger house."

   Alex gave her a confused look. "But wh-," he started, before his eyes widened. "Ellen are you...?" She nodded with a mix of emotions on her face. He dove forward to hug her, and she wrapped her arms around him. On one hand, they were absolutely horrified. They hadn't been married for long, and hadn't planned on having kids for some time. But on the other hand, they were absolutely thrilled. It would just take a moment for the shock to disappear. They separated the hug.

   "That was stressful," Ellen said, and Alex wipes the tears from her cheek with his thumbs. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

   "All good?" He asked her. She nodded.

   "All good," she replied. He brushed her hair back lovingly.

"We're gonna be parents," he said softly, and she nodded.

"Yeah, we are," she said, before he finally kissed her. He kept his hands on her cheeks and she set hers on top of his, rubbing her thumbs against his hand with care, emotions building up. They separated and Ellen moved back so she was touching the headboard and she leaned her head on Marty's shoulder as he took her hand in both of his and rubbed it soothingly.

"When did you find out?" He asked her.

"This morning. I thought about calling you at work to have you come home, but I know how important work is to you," she said. Alex turned his face so he could look at her tired form.

"Nothing is more important to me then you," he said. She took her head off of his shoulder and looked at him with a smile.

"Thank you," she said so quietly it could have been inaudible. Alex shook his head.

"I get to raise a family with the most beautiful, amazing girl there is," he said, and Ellen leaned into his side once again. He rubbed her arm and she slowly fell asleep. He stared down at the sleeping being next to him, and pulled her in tightly, not wanting to let go. He knew that he was in an uncomfortable position, and that his neck would probably hurt in the morning, but he couldn't care less. He just smiled at Ellen as her chest slowly rose up and down. He bent down and kissed her head tenderly.

   She mumbled something inaudibly, and curled closer to him. He smiled and adjusted the blanket around them. He then closed his eyes, and attempted to fall asleep.