The Library

A peaceful morning, a moderate weather and the sun barely showed its face as it was just dawn. It was quite and calm.. Something that Serah was deprived of since last few days.

However,you could still hear the chirping of birds which was filling the environment with a sweet melody. Serah yawned,her eyes still sleepy,she wasn't yet ready to get up.
The sunrays felt directly on her face,making her feel rather uncomfortable to sleep.She tried to block it using her hands but it wasn't working much.. Untill a large man made his way and stood right in front of her blocking all the rays at once...One thing was certain... He was ticked.

"Umm... Thans yu.(thank you).. Msr.. Bulldousr (Mr. Bulldozer) "She muttered in her sleep still half dreaming.

Serah always has this affinity to sense human emotions since childhood just like Meliodas. She could simply see in your eyes and tell if you have something going on behind your fake smile.
She would always define emotions through shades of colours which she sees in a person's heart. Blue for sadness.... White for sorrow...red for anger...purple for dread and the list goes on.

And this time too, her childhood instincts kicked in just perfectly. "mmm..... Red.." she whispered sensing her surroundings as she opened her eyes slowly.
"What the..?" "red..?"She managed to say rubbing her eyes before a furious man gave her swords of glare.

"You...." he stepped closer raising his hand that formed just a perfect shadow on Serah's face who was now fully aware of what was going to happen next. "Sh-shit!"

................................

Herald made his way to the library just as he planned yesterday. Disguised as usual, his face was under a perfectly covered navy blue hood as he jogged ,passing through the public park.

"The weather is calm today" he managed to say just in time a sound echoed in the area.Which almost took him offguard while the other few passerby's stopped in their tracks.

"GET OUT !!" and then a loud *thud* and than a "KUSO!!.."

Herald recognised the latter voice,
"I forgot.How can it be calm if she is here.." he sighed before jumping over the public park's main gate which was still locked.

He walked a few distance,untill he saw a large ,furious man,searching for something or precisely someone around.

"I thought I heard the idiot's voice." Herald whispered looking around not finding what he was searching for while the man made his way to him.
"What are you doing here?!" he asked Herald..

Herald, however had neither the time nor the slightest intention of getting into any time-wasting trouble, he just shrugged off the man and turned around.

He took a few steps before halting "Behind the third bush on your left..." he whispered to particularly no one but the park gatekeeper, seemed to immediately understood what Herald meant.

Herald simply shrugged and jumped out the main gate and continued walking like nothing happened.

"THIS AIN'T NO PLACE FOR SLEEPING!!!" The man's voice came from behind and he sighed.

........................

It waz past 8:45 and Serah was walking down the streets of the Amanthus kingdom...quitely.... I repeat.... Quitely..

Caressing a small red bump on her forehead, she just walked with her mouth shut.
Getting beaten by a simple 'ordinary' park gatekeeper first thing in the morning made her rethink about her life for once.
And she called herself an assanin... F*ck it all..Things weren't going right...no,they were going all down,along with her status and somewhat...her self esteem..?

*Slap* Serah slapped herself on both cheeks "What the hell am I mulling over about?!!" she said looking straight. Her eyes determined,she wasn't going to play along with it anymore.She was going to make it right,just like it was before.
Serah took a deep breath before letting out a loud "YOSH!!" and walked right into the public library,where she was supposed to be meeting Herald.

The library was quite, sure libraries are meant to be quite,but that was one reason. It was quite because there weren't many people present.Just a few two or three people, a sweeper and the library attendant.
Serah observed her surroundings, that too was kind of an instinct she learned all these years. Noting every small to big details were one of the most important aspects of being an assasin, but she wasn't solely an assassin either. That was just a part of her many jobs.

[Nothing out of the ordinary.] She thought before giving one more glance at the sweeper,and gazed at the open window. The sun had rose minutes ago,the town was still covered in an orangish hue. But..as usual,it didn't gave her the spark , people usually talk about, neither the rising sun nor did the stars..

Her hair waved, dancing with the slight morning breeze, the smell was sweet, probably from the bakery.
It was refreshing , maybe she should consider taking a tour after....."No!! What the hell am I thinking?!" she thought perking up! She didn't had the time for it,she didn't have time for anything!! Other than patching up her shattered mission.

She quickly noted the time '8:59',her eyebrows twitched "Heh! For god's sake that idiot won't even spare a MINUTE out of his so called 'time schedule'.. I shouldn't be surprised." she mumbled and there was a short silence.

"Are you done cursing me yet?" A cold voice sounded just behind her,and she could even feel the breath of the person who spoke.
"Strict with your schedule as usual, I see.." she said in an equally cold tone. There was a moment of silence and none of the two moved.

"You probably figured it out but I called you here to meet someone." He said looking at the ground, his peircing blue eyes never really showed any emotions but were strangely beautiful.
"Yeah... It really did seemed strange for someone to clean an already cleaned library ,first thing in the morning, with no people whatsoever." Serah scoffed her voice audible enough to reach the said man,who just bowed with a smile and motioned her to follow him to the other room.

Herald's lips straightened from their usual annoying twist,but didn't lasted for long,he already expected at least this much from the girl.
He finally moved away, covering up the hoodie again "Well then...I guess this is it. You handle the rest from here." he muttered turning around and walked a few steps.

"Hey.." Serah's voice was still cold and low but it still reached and Herald halted for a moment. "Thanks.." His eyes widened but before he could give a reply (which was meant to be sarcastic,I mean OF COURSE!!) Serah spoke again.

"But ,this is just a temporary debt..I'm gonna repay you soon... So keep that in mind." she added her eyes locled at the window, while Herald's at the opposite door. "Hmph..That was the deal to began with." He remarked and dissapeared into thin air.

Serah just shrugged and made her way to the other room. The day has just started...

That's what she thought..

Little did she knew..