Chapter Seven

Mallory's POV
After that awkward encounter joey and Hayes had we finally started playing soccer. We were scrimmaging 1v1 and Joey was beating me, the score was 3-2. We were having so much just goofing around. Joey picked me up and started spinning me around after I scored a goal when the person I didn't want to see most showed up.

"MALLORY LAUREN ESPINOSA!!" Someone screamed.

"Uggh" I groaned knowing it was Matt as Joey set me back down.

"What the hell! I told you hayes had to come with you! That's the only reason I let you come here with him!" Matt says giving joey the death stare.

"And hayes did come here with me-"

"Then why is he at our house playing video games right now?!" He shouted

"He's so dumb, why would he go back to our house?" I say

"What?" Matt asks

"I kinda maybe have him 10$ to beat it.." I said calmly.

Matt just rolled his eyes. "Get your stuff were leaving!"

"What? Your not my father!" I shouted.
Okay maybe I crossed a line with that one.. Matt and I's dad passed away last year and Matt still hasn't fully coped.

"Mallory!" He shouted and this time I know I should go.

"Okay okay!" I took off my cleats, put on my nike running shoes and grabbed my bag.

"Hey chill man, it's all good. We're just playing soccer!" Joey shouts

"Don't tell me to chill! I don't want my sister anywhere around you!" Matt shouts clenching his fists and joey doing the same.

I walk over and stand inbetween them before they start throwing punches at each other.

"Love you joey, I'll text ya later!" I said and kissed him until Matt pulled me away.

"Don't expect a text from her anytime soon" he said as he dragged me out of the park.