|: 2 :|

"I can't believe I have to work with them...they're so annoying!" Jo grudged as she took some fries and popped them into her mouth. Everyones gathered for lunch outside, almost like an outside cafeteria, Jo, Tay, and Jean under an old oak tree, It was the perfect place to hide from the drama, which was ironic really. They loved drama, but at times like these they often came outside, just to take a breath. Tay and Jean looked at her, Tay worried at her best friend and trying to comfort her, and Jean scrambling to be anywhere else. She knew Jo was just a drama-queen, and always will be.

"I can't believe they showed you no respect. They are so low-class." Tay spat the last part in disgust, making Jo's heart warm, knowing that her friend understood her much more than them. She continued to munch more fries, remembering what had just happened earlier, how Asher told her he didn't fancy staying with them too. What he said stung somehow, but Asher was angry after all. Maybe he loathed them like she did. Maybe he loathed her. "Jo just ignore them...I mean we know that they're not worth your time anyways. And besides, it's just a few weeks before graduation, and -"

That made Jo almost spring up and knock both of them down, in hugs and good management. "That's it Tay! There's a lot of weeks before graduation, and it's gonna be spent with all of them! God, I'm so frustrated!" She threw another cold fry into her mouth. Behind them, the sound of laughter and tiny snippets of whispers caught their attention. Jo was used to it, the whispers, but sometimes they just wouldn't stop, and it made her anxious, Can't she just...not be frustrated and angrily munch her fries in piece? That can't happen. It could never happen. They were all watching her. Anger seeped inside her as she continued to munch her fry.

Munch!

Munch!

The bright sun shone on them, and Jean's ice-blonde hair under it made her glow. Jo wondered if she was using something to make her this bright. Jean nodded her shoulder, looking innocent as she stared at Jo. Her eyes were on her now, suddenly piqued by what she had to say. "Why can't you just ditch them?" She suggested. "I mean...it's not like Mr York will be there the whole time. Have them do all the work."

Jo's mood escalated as the thought of avoiding the project took over her. It's not like  they'd care, but the feelings were mutual, anyway. She liked this idea of Jean's.

"That's a great idea Jean! It's perfect, I can get my grade and still avoid doing the project with them... I'll just send in my own part of the essay and they can do whatever they want with it." Jo allowed her hand take another fry before popping it into her mouth. All of a sudden, her eyes caught someone. Walking past her was Tori, and alongside her was the brunette she had seen hanging out with Tay and Jean in English class. Tori's eyes met Jo's, expression guarded as she watched her. Tori's face still remained the same: bold and scary. They passed her, Elena looking confused. Jo smiled, as she wondered if Elena knew they were friends before...but from the way she was looking at them, it looks like she didn't. Jo could not resist such an opportunity to waste something like that.

Jo turned to Tay and Jean and smiled, confusion written on their faces. She was still smiling, not saying anything. After a minute had passed, she stood up, stopping to tell Tay and Jean. "I'll be right back."

"Where are you going?" Tay asked, looking concerned. Jo just shrugged, giving them a little wave with her three fingers and heading off to a long, grey table. Sitting right there was Tori and Elena, just the right person she wanted. She approached Tori's table with a smile, even if she wasn't invited.

She gave them a little wave. "Hey guys! What's up? I can see you're out here, trying to soak in the summer sun...am I right?"

It was hard for Tori to understand what Jo had in mind. She was being nice enough, but how much was it worth? "Yeah we're fine." Tori droned. "Isn't that why we're outside in the first place? We're in good condition...not crippled or blind...we're okay."