One

Camden twirled the end of the leash in between her fingers as she walked down the pavement of the path in the Grand Park. Every so often she had to tug the leash because the cat would refuse to budge and it was getting aggravating. See, Pogo, her grandmother's cat, was passed to be under her care after her death last summer and her grandma used to spoil him rotten to the point the cat actually became morbidly obese.

It got so bad the vet told her she had to force the cat to move, so she was doing just that. Whoever said a walk in the park was easy never had to drag a twelve year old glob of a cat through it.

"Pogo, I fucking swear get your ass up," she hissed at the cat. Pogo stared right back at her, unimpressed. She tugged the leash again and the cat barred her teeth at the owner. In response Camden bared her own teeth hissing back with just as much force. She hadn't even noticed the onlookers, but the people of Los Angeles' Grand Park needed a lot more odd sights to be disturbed at than an 18 year old girl dragging her cat through it to take a double take.

What did cause commotion, was the barrelling of a dog that leaped away from its owner and was full on charging at the the duo. Camden was too invested in asserting her feline dominance to notice the dog that was headed straight for them. It all happened so fast. The dog dashed and jumped onto Pogo who shrieked and effectively moved. And Camden screamed as the strange dog bit into the cat's fat leg. She didn't even have time to process her reaction before she tackled the dog off the cat and rolled into the grass with him.

The adrenaline was pumping through her and she didn't feel the ache of the smack to the ground nor did she hear the hurried thumping of the steps that sprinted to her as she wrestled the dog who was snapping his canines at her. All of a sudden the dog was picked up off her and it left her to stare at the sky blinking in shock. She heard whimpering of the dog and could make out a firm voice scolding.

A face appeared above her, it was a girl with dark hair who had her arm stretched out for her to grab. Camden furrowed her brows in confusion, but grabbed the hand of the stranger and allowed her to lift her up. "Are you okay?"

She blinked away the confusion and cleared up the fog that hogged her kind realising what had occurred and her face contorted into an angry expression. "Are you out of your fucking mind?"

The stranger was now the one that looked confused.

"Do you know how dangerous it is to let a dog like that roam free?" She sputtered pointing at the dog exasperatedly.

"I-," the stranger trailed off not even knowing how to reply to that.

Camden's eyes widened as she realised her cat was still sprawled on the grass and she rushed over to her. Her ginger fur had red blotches on her paw and Camden's face fell as she looked worried, crouching down next to it.

"Let's go to the vet," the stranger suggested, "My car's parked around the block."

Camden's rational thought process had completely left her mind and she nodded wordlessly. "Just wait one second. I'll pass Rebel to my sister."

Rebel, so that was the name of the possessed demon. Camden's eyes followed the slim girl as she ran back to the bench where two teenagers were sitting on their phones. The dog had followed her hot on her tail, naturally and she saw the brunette point at the dog and he sat down next to the two teens.

She turned around to look back at her cat who was meowing in pain and her heart clenched at the sight. It felt like the stranger had teleported back because in an instant she was by her side looking down at the fat cat. "Can she walk?" the girl asked. And Camden turned to shoot her a glare which made the stranger retract.