9. Orange guild

Nagisa's PoV

Everyday is just the same, kill, level up, multiply, Kill , level up, multiply. I sigh each time as holographic particles dance in harmony, floating elegantly to the fake, beautiful sky, all while I violently strike down at my virtual prey for survival.

The forest I was in, is very dangerous for low level solo players, how many times this place has taken lives of the innocent, who knows.

However it looks so welcoming, it's luscious green leaves, the soft lime grass and delicate rare flowers surround the land, making it a deadly paradise.

I once again sigh, leaving the area i was currently in to walk around to a safe zone.

That was until I heard a young girl scream in terror, causing my heart to race due to the adrenaline.

Quickly, I sprinted to the direction of the cry for help and in about 30 seconds time, I had found what I was looking for, a young girl, I think younger than me,with vibrant pink hair and piercing blue eyes.

I smile in relief, before approaching the monsters from behind, slicing them once so elegantly and deep it killed them instantaneously.

"Are you alright?" I question to the small fragile girl under me, her legs were curled into her chest and her arms were placed on her head.

She looked up at me, tears filled her eyes that threatened to slip as her whole life had just flashed before her eyes, until a hero had came to save her.

"P-piná"

"I-I'm sorry?" I questioned, before she burst out into tears, hugging a small, azure feather below her feet, repeating the name Piná over and over.

She was a dragon tamer, and that was her companion

"Ahh," I bent down to comfort the girl "I'm sorry I couldn't make it in time to save your friend" I said, if only I had gotten here sooner another life would have been saved...god I suck.

"N-no it's alright, you saved me after all..." she smiled weakly, tears stained her porcelain skin and her eyes were red and puffy.

I feel so bad for her, there must be a way to get her dragon back...

And then I remembered

"I know it isn't too much to help but on floor 45 there's this flower which will revive any pet once used"

"R-really!" Her eyes glistened in hope

"Yeah, but the time limit is three days and the pet master must be there for the flower to bloom"

"N-no way...so it's hopeless?"

That despaired look in her eye caused my breathing to hitch, i didn't want her life in this game to be ruined all because of this interference.

"Well why don't I come with you?"

"Y-you would?!" Her eyes once again glistened with hope when I said my offer, causing me to smile.

"Of course, think of it as an apology for not getting here to save your pet in time"

"T-thank you so much miss" she smiled

"There's no need for the formality, I'm nagisa, oh and I'm a boy"

"EEEEHHHHHHHH?!?"

Time skip

"Thanks again for saving me back there n-nagisa...I wouldn't of been alive if you didn't save me"

"Honestly it's fine!" I give her a smile "now let's find a place to eat and stay for the night"