𝟎𝟖 .

Excuse any and all mistakes,
And enjoy.

𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺, 𝙽𝙴𝚆 𝚈𝙾𝚁𝙺 .
𝙴𝚅𝚈𝙰𝙽𝙰 𝙱𝚁𝙰𝙴𝙻𝚈𝙽 𝙷𝙰𝚈𝙴𝚂 . ♛
𝟹:𝟷𝟼 𝙰𝙼 .

I stared blankly at the only light source in the room. The digital clock, striking its same 3:16.

Cairo's warm body made my heart flutter , just knowing I was back here with him was like kid's getting hyped up from the ice-cream truck.

How? Who cares , but it's a mystery.

Where I last laid was a brittle bed , getting a statement from Mrs.Taylor to not kill myself .

Now I'm back in a nice foam, king sized bed. With the love of my life , a bonus .

" Go to sleep . " Cairo nudged me, straight scaring me. He turned around and snaked his arm around my waist and nuzzled his face in my neck. " Where you think you been, huh? "

I couldn't tell if he was trynna be funny, or what. But I'll cry.

" You been in bed , but we went shopping yesterday, then got ice-cream. You remember that, right? "

My mind went blank. I'm spending time with my boyfriend , and don't even remember? Passing milestones - and don't even remember ?

" Yeah , of course. " I lied through my teeth, giving him a simple smile.

He sat up, turning on the lamp unexpectedly. Rubbing his gorgeous eyes he looked me dead in mine. We had our usual staring contest, he'd always win.

At this point, there was no emotion in his voice. " You're lying. That's why I had to turn that light on ma, yeen gotta lie to me. "

My face fell, he'd knew I was lying and I had no comeback. I'm an emotional lady , and don't know why. So I turned away from him, letting my tears trickle down my cheeks lightly.

" Nah, man. We need to talk bout this. You running away from the shit." He said , sending attention to the clock. 4:05 am stared us both back in the face.

He let me stay how I was , but laid close behind me, taking my arm with his hand and stroking it. "Stop crying and speak up, na. You tweaking hard. We both confused, yet both mad smart. We can't use them to work together? Cause when you cry, I cry. You know that. "

Aw shit, I'm finna make Cairo cry. This shit ain't rare, but still don't sit right with me.

You could tell he was uneasy, as he removed his hand from my arm and covered his face in embarrassment.

Turning around I'd tilted my head as I felt my heartbreak. He cares. Something I'd never had before . It was my time to console him. Turning my whole position to him, i held his arm, stroking it with my thumb just as he did me. I laid out on his chest like he did me days before, taking my other hand to stroke his lip, exactly as he did me when I felt uneasy. " I'm sorry, Cairo. I'm sorry for lying, so I dont remember. "

Oh, but no Evy. That'll make things worse .

" We out here doing shit, and you not even paired right? Out here missing the REAL reality?" His voiced heightened as he took his hand down, letting tears stream out his eyes. He was just like me. He'll cry at first, but be so angry after .

I didn't have much to say. I was disappointed with myself. But I know I can change this, honestly. " May I have the peace to accept the things I cannot change- The courage to change the things I can- And the wisdom to know the difference. "

He didn't speak up. Just held his head low in the low dimmed room, tears still made way down his soft cheeks. I carried on though. " I suffer more in my imagination than reality, and I apologize. "

He shook his head , wiping his whole face. " The only time you really really remember is when I woke you up that other early morning, and our day at tha park. You need to get help. I'm spending time with you, but fucking losin you, man. I'm not finna allow that, I can't. " He spoke while getting up. Grabbing the blunt and lighter that sat on the nightstand , he'd said one more thing before taking in a deep breathe and leaving me in the dim room alone.

" That's not no damn imagination or reality, fuck. Something up, and Imma find out, on moms. You know I'm fucked up bout you. So don't even lie to me like that ever again." I nodded my head , in disbelief of his sudden sternness .

" I love you na, Baby E. Get some rest, we figuring you out tomorrow.

He stood there, just examining me and probably waiting for me to say it back. I'd fixed the covers up and laid back, tapping my phone that I'd hardly even dealt with, then looked back at him before fluffing my pillow. " I love you too, Cai. Imma try to. "

" Aight then. " He said lowly, closing the door to the point where it had a slight creek, his actions could be heard down the hall as I'm sure he'd went to smoke in the living room.

-
I'm getting closer and closer to my plot twists🌚
but ian trynna rush nothing. Yk?
I hope y'all fuckin w my wordplay
and I'm SORRY that they don't spend a lot of time together .. i had cute plans , but imma heartbreaker 😌