Chapter 150: Right Next To Your Heartbeat (EP. 01)

━━━━━━━━━𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐄━━━━━━━━
𝐉𝐄𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐑𝐘 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄

"Is this to your satisfaction, your majesty?"

"It's just the way I imagined it, Mister Olsen. It looks ravishing and simple at the same time, thank you very much so," Aiden gladly opened up his leather wallet for his payment, "I'm sure to inform more of the Royal Family about your excellent work."

"Why, I am very relieved for your great amount of appreciation. It's simply my passion," The elderly man tipped his hat courteously, "I do hope the Queen's contentment is mutual as yours, King Aiden. This gift is for her, after all."

The senior aged jeweller is soon joined by his wife who stepped out of the tidy workshop with a lowly curtsy, "Your chivalrous gestures to our queen are just so sweet, King Aiden. You are living proof that men are worthy for a woman's heart. I am sure the queen will love it."

"I truly hope so," Aiden chuckled, casually stuffing the velvet box gently in his pocket, "I must get going now, Mister and Missus Olsen. Then again, I am very grateful for this charming masterpiece."

"Think nothing of it, your majesty. It is the least we could do."

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪
𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐥𝐞 | 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐚'𝐬 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐐𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬

A meek knock on the oak door interrupted the former queen of the north's solitude. Helena scrambled up to her feet and twisted the knob, thus revealing an agitated looking daughter-in-law holding a dozing little bundle.

Helena's natural manner of masking coerced her to force down a small smile, "Good morning, dear- oh, and to you too, little love. What can I help you with?"

"Actually," Elsa nervously chuckled, "We came here to see how you're doing. I noticed that Guinette had your breakfast brought up to you here. Are you not feeling well, mama Helena?"

"Oh, don't worry about me. Frankly I'm feeling really fine," The older woman folded her arms while her smile faltered, "Just... terribly lost."

Elsa slightly cradled the tiny prince in her arms once she felt him squirm, "I see. May I come in, then?"

"Of course, come on in," The door opened up further as Helena beckoned for the duo to enter, "Although, can I hold this pretty boy as we speak?"

"Thank goodness," Elsa sighed in relief, gingerly passing the sleeping boy into his grandmother's arms, "My arms were growing numb. I couldn't put him down, whenever I do he starts crying his lungs out."

"That's a natural instinct of an infant, dearie," Helena gazed lovingly at the handsome baby boy, "They are very attached to their mother in this age. And they can already familiarize themselves with different scents of other family members."

"It's really adorable. Anyway, what seems to be troubling you, mama Helena?" Elsa slightly frowned, "Then again, I'm sure a specific author is also among your sea of thoughts?"

A sigh of defeat escaped the older woman's lips.

"Indeed. I am not only unsure of my growing feelings... I am very fretful if I make a move as well. You see, to summarize it all, I am not a very good observer of a man's personality... Take Abaddon as evidence," Helena cringed upon saying his name as if it was a repugnant thought, "So, here I am. Pondering with no results of it. I'm horrible."

Elsa flashed her a reassuring smile, "You were younger back then when you made that choice. And, just my personal opinion, I think Noah is genuinely nice."

"Coming from you, I think he really is. But you see, dearie, that's not entirely the rest of my worries. Noah could be my gain- my gain in romance. Which I am desperately hoping for to arrive in my life," She laughed silently to herself, "Yet I am also afraid of what I'm about to lose which I just recently obtained."

"And what's that?"

"My freedom."

"I've felt that way," Elsa spoke gravely, "I was even worse compared to you. But have you ever felt like even though you're free, there's still something missing?"

"Perhaps, yes. But the reason why I'm so petrified to lose my free will is I've strived so hard to get myself off of that.. that horrible leash I got myself tied up in the first place," Helena shivered, "I don't want to end up gaining regrets instead."

"I get it, mama Helena," Elsa sadly bit her lip, "You've been traumatized. I know what you have been through, although I haven't had a similar experience I still understand your doubts."

"I must sound so bold to ask you this, but... What exactly should I do?" Helena profoundly questioned, "I am still working on trusting my own judgement."

Elsa paused and pursed her lips in excogitation, deep in thought.

"I think..." She finally concluded, "It's time for you to make a gamble. It seems risky, yes, but you will never know if you don't dig a little deeper."

"You mean, give it a chance?"

"Yes. Give Noah a chance," Elsa smiled, "Give starting over again a chance."

"Y-you're right," Helena nodded, "I would never know unless I try. Maybe I'm over thinking for nothing."

"It's graspable for you to think about this thoroughly, don't worry."

"Funny now that I actually thought about it," Helena chuckled, "I was the one who encouraged you to come in here if ever you need someone to talk to. The world turns upside down so quickly."

"It's no trouble at all. It's what family is supposed to do."

A hurried, peremptory knock interfered the women's conversation.

"Your majesty, King Aiden and the foreign dignitaries are waiting for your presence in the court room."

"Oh my, has it been that long?" Elsa gaped, pulling out her pocket watch to take a cursory glance before rising up to her full height, "Would you mind if I leave Chandler here with you? I'm afraid this is an urgent meeting. They are quite desperate to be trade partners with Arendelle."

"Not at all."

"See you later, little guy," Elsa planted a quick kiss on her son's cheek, "You as well, mama Helena. I hope you make the right decision for yourself."

"I hope so, too."

To be continued
on the next chapter...

A/N: I am so sorry for the shortness and the delay of this! (༎ຶ⌑༎ຶ) I'll make it up to you guys with major Aidelsa fluff for the next chapter. Also, if you would give Aiden and Elsa a meaningful love quote that describes their relationship, what would it be?

Anyway... Finally, a mother in law and daughter in law interaction. Helena's really distraught and hesitant to take another step, huh?

さようなら! (Sayonara!) (Goodbye!)