I turned to Isabelle and saw her standing with the knight's shield and the knight in front of her was already unconscious with a bump on the head that was already turning dark from the bruising.

I looked at her and nodded as a good job. "Why would anyone suggest burning this whole kingdom down while it has so many innocent people still here, especially children," Isabella said while shaking her head.

I sighed "Some people don't really think about that, as long as they get what they want" I replied with a grunt as I pulled up the body to hide.

Isabelle sighed sadly.

After dragging and hiding the two bodies in the forest to avoid attention, we headed towards the underground where I knew the secret path leading inside the castle.

I opened the gate silently and looked around the dark hallway. I pulled Isabelle behind me so we could remain in the shadows and walked further.

I heard whistling at the end of the hallway and slowly moved forward, listening carefully before I closed myself into the doorway to our right, we can deal with him later.

There were sounds of scuffling emanating from under the door followed by the pounding sound of feet.

I slowly opened the door enough for me to peek inside to figure out what we're dealing with here...

A large man wearing royal armor stood there with his sword, while another stood beside him holding a torch, illuminating part of the room, showing another knight asleep on one of the chairs.

I closed the door slowly and took my spare knife from my left boot and jammed it on the handle to lock it from the outside.

We don't need to fight all of them, we just need to keep them all out of Prince Bryce's reach and buy us time.

I signaled Isabelle to follow me and we headed to the knight at the end of the hallway still whistling.

When we turned right, we finally saw him. He's walking back and forth surrounded by wine barrels.

"Wait for my signal then distract him" I whispered to Isabelle before moving and didn't wait for her to respond.

I crawled and squeezed behind the wine barrels and boxes as quietly as I could until I passed him. Then signaled Isabelle.

"Excuse me, sir?" Isabelle bit her lip shyly and started looking like a lost innocent girl.

The knight turned to her with a scowl but it turned to a lecherous smile when he looked at her up and down "What do you think you're doing here little girl?" He said while moving closer to her.

Isabelle cleared her throat and looked down as a sign of submission. She's a fucking natural, I smiled proudly.

"Sir, I was ordered to get six bottles of wine to bring to the kitchen and delivered for the King" Isabelle said timidly.

The knight didn't stop looking at her with a smirk "Hmm I could give it to you if you give me something in return" he continued walking towards her.

Isabelle shook her head "It was an order from the King" she protested weakly.

I watched as the knight shook his head as he had his back towards me.

"It doesn't matter. You want something, I want something" he said as he slowly walked towards her.

I moved closer behind the knight slowly bringing up my other knife.

Isabelle suddenly looked up at the knight, her weak and vulnerable persona gone. 

She looked at him with a confident smile "Nevermind, you can keep the wine" she said.

The knight stopped dead on his tracks. "Wha-" Before the knight could even finish, I kicked behind his right knee and saw him drop to his side before I sliced his neck with my knife.

I slowly stood up watching the blood surrounding him.

"Should we hide him?" Isabelle asked as she stared at the Longford knight.

I shook my head "We don't have time" I replied.

I heard Isabelle walk towards me, I looked up from the dead body and smiled at her "That was amazing" I said proudly.

Isabelle smiled brightly. I was blinded by her smile that I didn't notice how close we were.

"You're amazing" I continued.

She blushed and her smile slowly fade as I watched her stare back at me.

If it weren't happening to me, I would think it's ridiculous that we're basically having a moment in front of a dead body that's not even finished bleeding out yet, but it's like everything faded to the background ... and I only saw her.

I don't know if it's because of the situation that made me feel that this could be my one and only chance, but it gave me the confidence to move closer as I watched her red lips part.

I felt her hand grab my arm softly to pull me slightly. I moved my hand to her cheek and felt her take comfort from my hand.

I leaned towards her, greedy to finally taste the lips that I've been dreaming of for weeks now but would never admit to myself.

I watched her eyes close before I finally met her lips with mine. Her lips were as soft as I expected, she parted her lips as an invitation I took gladly and felt her tongue tentatively touch mine.

She moved her hands to my cheeks as I held her waist to pull her closer.

Suddenly, we heard frantic footsteps from the floor above us.

We both looked up as a very desperate voice reverberated through the walls that made my heart drop. "Nooooo!" The voice echoed with so much pain.

Isabelle and I suddenly looked at each other with the same fearful face. "Princess Alia," we both said before running up the stairs.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: I'm back :)) You guys probably forgot about this story lol.

I feel horrible making you all wait, I'll try to update until it's finished. Hopefully, you guys still enjoyed the chapter :))

Thank you so much and stay safe :))