Chapter 6

My father and I arrived at the castle and were escorted by a couple of guards. We went inside the castle and headed to a big room with a high ceiling.

When we went inside and the royals were already there with a couple of people and guards standing near the wall of every corner of the room.

They all turned to us when we entered. I got uncomfortable because of the attention.

The King was the first to speak "There they are! Richard your daughter turned out to be a beauty, surely she didn't get it from you" The King laughed.

My father laughed with him. You could see how close they really are when they start teasing like this.

"I could say the same thing to you, my king" Then he moved towards the Queen and kissed her hand as well as the princess' "Good to see you, your highness"

I was just standing there awkwardly, was I supposed to kiss their hands as well. Oh God, I wasn't ready for this.

The Kind walked towards me and I bowed. He smiled "The only few times I saw you was when you were a baby and at your mother's funeral a few years ago" He smiled at me like he was really glad to see me.

I smiled at him and shook his hand when he offered. "It's nice to finally meet you formally your highness," I said.

"I thought your father already went crazy when he said that he offered you to be my daughter's personal guard" He chuckled "But he's really confident that you are one special kid and I trust him but before you get the position you need to battle one of my best knights to prove yourself"

I nodded "I understand your highness" He smiled and then started talking to my father about the arrangement.

My attention was brought to the princess who was looking at me curiously.

Maybe she was also shocked by having a woman to protect her. I know this arrangement is not natural so I understand her confusion.

I've never been this close to the princess because the royals were always far from the people even in the arena they were seated above everyone.

Now that I see her a few feet from me, she looked like an angel, with her blonde hair and green eyes and the long white dress she was wearing. I felt a weird feeling while looking at her. A feeling that I never experienced before.

"Leo" My father woke me up from my trance when he called me. I walked toward him and ended up closer to the princess and in front of the Queen and King.

I bowed at the Queen. She smiled at me slightly and then moved her attention back to my father.

"It's settled then, When will we start Leo's battle for acceptance?" My father asked.

The King chuckled "Now"

Then we walked outside to a little battle area. The Royals together with my father moved behind the gate and sat on some chairs ready to watch.

Then a knight came in already holding his sword.

A man from the side threw me a helmet before he moved back to stand beside the royals, I heard that his name was Ulric. I thanked him and wore my helmet.

Both me and the Knight stood in our battle stance then he lunged swinging his sword at me. I blocked it with mine then the sword fight began. He's good but not good enough.

I swung my sword in a way he didn't expect and he dropped his. Then I slid my leg under him to trip his legs then he ended up lying on the floor, I pointed my sword to his neck, both of us breathing heavily.

Ulric announced the end of the battle. The King stood up clapping and smiling "I just love a good battle!" He said while walking towards me with my father.

"Congratulations Leona, you got the position. I will assign some people to get you settled on your stay" He smiled then we followed him back to the castle.

My father congratulated me then hugged me and told me he was so proud of me. He left after that to handle some work.

Some maids accompanied me to my new room and told me that the bathroom was at the end of the hall and showed me all of the things I need like clothes and other necessities.

After a long day, I brought my towel and clothes and headed to the bathroom for a shower.

While I was walking through the long wide hallway a door suddenly opened and slammed on my forehead. I ended up sitting on the floor rubbing my forehead. Ow, that fucking hurts.

"I'm so sorry," A female voice said and she knelt in front of me and pulled my chin up to see the damage on my forehead. My eyes widened and saw it was the Princess.

"U-uum it's fine, It doesn't hurt that much" I started to get up and so does she.

"I'll ask a maid to bring some ice," she said then looked at me for a few seconds "You know how can I be comfortable with you protecting me when you can't even protect yourself from a door" she smirked.

"See I was trained to fight Knights not doors" I joked smiling slightly.

The princess laughed. God even her laugh is beautiful.

She moved closer to me to study my forehead and the right side had a bump that was starting to blacken.

"That looks bad," She said while slightly looking up to me and touching the bump slightly. I was taller than her maybe about an inch or two not that far.

"I've had worse" While looking at her as she studies my forehead. She was so close to me that I can smell her. Lavender, I always loved that smell. Her eyes looked like it was shining for how green it was, then I ended up looking at her lips, It was so plump and pink like she never needed to wear lipstick to give them color then I saw her smirk. She caught me. Shit.

She looked at me then said "Follow me" She started walking, she spoke to a maid shortly then walked towards her room, that gave me a few seconds to get myself together then followed her to her room.

Her room was huge. It was surrounded by a white and gold color with a few pink accents. She motioned me to sit on a long sofa. It is so comfy I already want to just pass out here.

When the maid knocked and handed her a pack of ice, she went back and sat beside me.

She wrapped the pack with a small towel and pulled my face slightly and applied the ice to the bump, I cringed because of the coldness, not the pain.

"Sorry," She said when she saw my reaction.

"Do you do this to all your protectors?" I teased.

She smiled while still looking at my bump with ice "No, You're the first. I never had any of them run into my door" She teased.

I chuckled "Well I'm glad I did" She looked at me and I smiled.

She blinked a couple of times like she was getting rid of what she was thinking. She put down the ice and said "The bump is getting smaller, that'll be gone by tomorrow" She smiled and then stood up. "I think you were about to shower before you ran into my door"

I stood "Oh yea, I was about to do that" I chucked, I walked towards the door but before going out I looked back at her and said "Thank you, your highness"

"For what? Hitting you with my door?" She chuckled.

I just laughed then walked out and headed for the shower. If only she could join me in the shower.

Okay, maybe I hit my head a little harder than I thought.

♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘♘

A/N: Thank you :)