Chapter 12

Leo POV

It's been a couple of months since I moved to the castle and nothing really happened much but today we are at the King's private office. I was standing by the door while the princess tries to change her father's decision on the princess having a private dinner with Charles.

"Father, I thought I had a say in this? I don't want Charles and I'm not going to have a private dinner with him, I don't trust him especially me being alone with him" The princess was standing with her hands on her waist and the King was sitting behind his table with a bored expression reading a scroll.

The king put down the scroll and removed his glasses and gently puts it on his table giving the princess his full attention.

He sighed "Alia, We've been through this. We already gave you time. You should've been married when you were eighteen and now you're twenty-one and still not married that's how much we love you but you're taking too long to decide, we won't live forever. We want you ready when the time comes. You should be married and start ruling with someone beside you, while we are still here to guide you and your partner. And plus, you will not be alone, Leo will be guarding"

She glanced at me then back to her father "What if I don't want to marry a man from a high status" She mumbled.

The king's eyes narrowed "Please don't tell me you're in love with a stable boy"

The princess smiled slightly "What if I was?" she challenged.

Her father rolled his eyes. He knows his daughter too much.

He sighed "Well if you were, I have to meet him and see if he's worthy and not just after the fortune that comes with marrying you, and he has to be fighter, and most especially ... he makes you happy. When he passes all of that then I can consider you marrying him but until then, you are going to dinner with Charles" The King went back to what he was doing.

The princess huffed "Fine" then she walked towards the door, I opened it for her then we started walking towards her chamber to get ready for her dinner tonight.

When we finally arrived in her room, Alia turned to me slightly "Were going to be here a while, you might as well make yourself comfortable" she gestured to what I was wearing.

I nodded my head and removed my armor piece by piece and put it above the table beside the couch, if I was going to watch the princess search for something to wear for tonight, it's going to last for hours. Good thing she said that because I would hate to suffer wearing a hot and heavy armor for hours.

After removing my armor I was only wearing my black shorts and black shirt. The princess also made herself comfortable and now she's only in her sleepwear, her pink silk dress that ended on her thighs.

I was seated on the couch with my right knee above the other while the princess looked for a dress to wear.

She said all her dresses are too pretty to be worn in such an unworthy occasion and said it will be such a waste for a beautiful dress.

So here I was reading my book while she searched for a dress that best suited tonight's dinner.

"Ugh, why can't I find a dress?" She grumbled. Dresses of all the colors you could imagine were scattered on the floor. I smiled slightly because of how cute and petty she was being, then I went back to reading my book.

She turned to me while sitting on the floor "Can you help me choose please" She begged a little. How can I say no to that.

"Sure princess, what do you want me to do?" I stood up and walked towards her. She stretched her arms for me to pull her up. I held her hands and pulled her, I didn't expect her lightness, so when I pulled her it was a little too strong and she ended up crashing onto me, I was standing while she was holding on my shoulders for balance and my hands were on her waist to keep her from falling.