Chapter 47

Leo POV

I feel numb.

I can't feel any part of my body.

I try to move but I can't.

I try to open my eyes but still nothing.

I felt paralyzed.

Suddenly I felt the panic and my breathing became rapid.

"I think she's waking up" I heard someone beside me on my left.

I heard footsteps moving closer "No, she's panicking. In deep sleep, it happens" They said.

I suddenly felt someone hold my hand. So I still have my sense of touch, I just can't move.

"Leo it's me, Alia. You're okay. Everything's going to be fine" she said while I felt soft touches on my hand.

Hearing her voice is like a breath of fresh air.

Her soft caress was the last thing I felt before I lost consciousness.

♘♘♘

I finally awakened again. Well... as "awake" as I can get.

This time I didn't panic. I could still feel Alia holding my hand making me feel safe.

I tried to move my hand to give Alia a signal that I'm awake but my hand didn't listen.

"This game is boring" I heard a voice who I'm pretty sure is Ramona, then a thump.

"If you don't like it then don't play it" I heard a bored voice, Dan.

"That's Leo's favorite" I heard Alia's soft voice beside me.

"Damn, I'm sorry Leo, but your taste in board games is shit," Ramona said then a loud smack.

"Ow," Ramona moaned.

"Shut up. She might be awake you know. The doctor said she could be listening anytime" I heard Isabelle's voice.

They were all here. I smiled, even though I knew my body wouldn't follow.

♘♘♘

I gained consciousness again, but this time I felt alone. I couldn't hear anyone.

I don't have any awareness of time or day.

I'm beginning to feel my body again, and everything started to hurt.

I groaned.

I heard a door open and felt someone sit beside me and hold my hand.

"How are you doing little one" My heartbeat escalated from happiness. Father. He's okay.

"You have to wake up okay? Everyone's waiting for you. I'm waiting for you. You've been asleep for a while now" he said softly.

I heard him take a deep shaky breath.

"I know you might not hear me but if you can I want you to know that I love you very much" I heard him sniffle.

I felt an ache in my chest from not being able to comfort him in any way.

I heard the door open again and I heard my father's chair creak from his movement.

"Your Highness" I heard my father say.

I heard a soft chuckle "You don't have to do that here Richard" I heard the deep voice of the King.

There was a moment of silence before the King spoke again. "How is she?" he asked as I heard his footsteps walk closer.