(13)

"He's in your science class, right? The one with Jeno?" Jisung asked, leaning over Chenle's shoulder. The Chinese had suggested that he were to come over to form a "game plan" for this cupid role they were playing.

"Mhm, i hardly noticed him, now that i think about it. I need to start paying more attention to these things, heh." Chenle laughed, scratching the back of his neck. He was seated at his desk, with Jisung standing over him, the position becoming more comfortable over time.

"Interesting. Chenle, do you think Xiaojun and Hendery even talk to each other? This is gonna be harder than we thought. I wasn't expecting this to be easy, but still..." The two had overthought the situation, and considering the fact that the pair didn't have a good history with romance, they were beginning to think why on Earth they even decided to do this, but then they recalled Xiaojun's troubled tears and continued to try their best, even if they didn't have a huge success rate.

"I've seen them look at each other now and again during class, but I've never really seen them speak. Geez, why do people have to always stare instead of actually talking to each other. It would've made our job much easier." Jisung silently nodded, questions floating around in his head.

"How are we supposed to help them when we don't even know where to start? I don't know about you, but my love life isn't the best." This was just one of his many questions. Jisung feared his brain would explode because of his curiosities. "I don't have the best love life either, Jisung. I don't think anyone in the club does. That's what brings us together, right? We all have some kind of traumatic experience with relationships, and this club helps us forget about it all and lets us move on. It lets us move on from the hardships and make new friends. It's meant to make us all happy. That's why i made the club, i wanted to make people happy, even if i couldn't really be happy myself.

"Jisung, i don't think we will ever truly be happy. There's always going to be something that will bring us down, even for a split second. But with this club, i get to bring happiness to the people around me for an hour or so. i know it doesn't sound like a lot, but if i can still bring smiles to peoples faces, it's worth it, y'know? As long as i do bring laughter and grins to peoples' lives, it still counts. It's still worth all the time and effort.

"Even if i'm not as happy as them, seeing everyone so excited, and awaiting the club meetings is the best feeling you could possibly have. i don't know how to explain it, but it's like i'm the cause of someone's positivity or restored love. it's amazing.

So even if we aren't the best when it comes to love or happiness, we can still try. Because in the end, it'll all be worth it. Right Jisung?" Chenle turns to his left to face the mentioned boy, a silent tear rolling down his cheek and a smile spreading on his face.

Jisung was astonished. He would've never expected something so profound and heartfelt to come from the shorter boy. it made his heart flutter and his eyes water.

Jisung reached his hand out, wiping away the single tear on Chenle's face. He cracked a smile himself and nodded once, before responding, "Yep, i don't have much to say, but it will be worth all the effort. i promise."

(a/n) sorry for the short chapter i just wanted to update ouo