Chapter 4

Tauriel runs through the forest as fast as she can with tears filling her eyes. She had no intention to stop- she wanted to get as far away from Legolas as possible. She knows he didn't decide on the marriage, but it still hurt her. She couldn't breathe, she felt as if someone had just shattered her heart into a million, tiny pieces without a single care.

When she finally stops running, she sits down and leans back against a tree. She wipes her eyes, sniffling into her sleeve. Tauriel gazes up at the moon hanging above her and places her fingers upon the pendant Legolas had given her.

Tauriel leans her head into her knees, crying into them, for that's all she could do.

_______________________

"Legolas. You're late." Thranduil mutters, crossing his arms.

"Our guests are here."

Just then, a woman with light brown hair pulled up in a bun with a long purple gown on approaches from the nearby room. She wasn't as beautiful as they spoke of, but she was as elegant as they said she was.

"So, this is prince Legolas." She says, walking towards him.

"If a nice to meet you, princess Velayah." Legolas nods his head respectfully, but never meets her gaze. She nears Legolas, lifting his chin with her hand. "I would expect a prince to show respect to a princess by making eye contact with her."
She smirks, removing her hand from his chin.

Legolas turns his stare to his father, who glares at him angrily.

"Legolas was just talking about taking you up to the falls. Weren't you, son?" Thranduil states, hoping he will say the right thing.

"Of course. May I?" He holds out his arm for the princess, adding a smile. She takes it, then leans her head against his shoulder.

"Why don't you take Tauriel with you? It's quite dangerous at night."

So this is his plan. Letting Tauriel know that I have no chance with her.

"Summon Tauriel." He demands to a servant, then they scamper off into the other room. Within seconds, Tauriel enters the throne room.
"Yes, my lord?"

"Go with princess Velayah and prince Legolas to the falls."

As soon as King Thranduil finishes the sentence, her eyes widen and find their way to the princess clutching Legolas' arm. She nods politely and slowly walks over to them, leading them out of the castle.

Once they make it up to the top of the falls, Velayah releases his arm and grabs his hand, pulling him towards the rock placed in the middle. "It's beautiful up here." She says, sitting atop a rock. She holds Legolas' hand in hers, smiling longingly at him.
Tauriel stands uncomfortably in the corner, ignoring Legolas' stare.

"The stars bright tonight. Perhaps they're shining brighter now that we're together." Velayah adds, leaning in closer to Legolas.

"I would assume so... I've never seen them this bright." He glances over at Tauriel, but Velayah puts her hand on his cheek, directing him to look at her.

"Truthfully, I wasn't really fond of you at first, but now I've taken a strong liking towards you." She says, leaning closer.

As much as I wish I could share this with Tauriel instead, or that I could spare her to see this, I have to propose. I have to fulfill my duties as the prince.

I press my lips against hers, allowing her to open my mouth. I pull back, them get on one knee and pull out a small velvet box from behind me.

"Princess Velayah, will you do the honors of being my wife?"

She covers her mouth in shock, then leaps into his arms.
"Yes!" He holds the princess in his arms, staring longingly at Tauriel who refused to look at him.

Velayah releases herself from his grip, then intertwines her hand into his. "Congratulations, Legolas." Tauriel says, glaring at him.

"You speak to him like he's your lesser. Show some respect, silvan elf." Velayah hisses at her, narrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes, princess." Tauriel looks down at the ground, regretting ever meeting Legolas.

Once him and the princess finish their conversation, Tauriel leads them back down the falls to spend their first night together as soon to be husband and wife.