"They aren't dead," he whispered lowly.

I looked at him confused, "what are you going on about, Perc?"

Percy didn't say a word, he just took my hand and placed Fred's wrist in mine, that's when I felt a slight pulse—it was faint and slow, but it was present. Freya was exactly the same when I checked, I couldn't help but smile a bit as I looked at Percy who was watching me closely.

"They're going to be alright."

*Freya's POV*

I woke up a bit dazed as I looked around, I was in a hall made of beautiful stone, torches lined the walls as I tried to stand up. My left ankle was bent at a weird angle and I looked beside me to see Fred curled on his side, blood dripping from a cut on his cheek. I moved closer to him and took a bit of my jacket and wiped the blood away, he stirred but that was it. The hall was silent, so silent that it was creepy, weren't we just in the middle of a battle? I glanced around, no one was in sight, the wall behind me was blown wide open and I moved closer to Fred—I didn't want to be alone. It was creepy.

"Fred? Hey, Fred. Get up," I whispered as I prodded his shoulder with my finger. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes, he looked around and frowned as he sat up.

"What's going on?" He asked hoarsely.

"I don't know, that's what I was going to ask you," I shook my head.

"You alright?"

"My ankle got twisted but I'm alright."

Fred looked around for his wand, finding it a few inches away and moved so he was staring at my ankle, "I'll mend it for you."

I moved away, Fred looked at me with disbelief, "What if we can find someone to—"

"Don't trust me, eh?" his face fell slightly as he tried to not look hurt.

"When it comes to pulling a prank or two yes, but this is my ankle we're talking about!" I said defensively.

Fred scowled before running his wand around my ankle in circular motions, "just trust me for once. Do you think all my products aren't tested before release? Mending bones is a specialty of ours."

We sat in silence as Fred muttered something under his breath, in a matter of minutes I could move my ankle perfectly. "See? I told you to trust me," Fred stuck his tongue out as he stood up and held out his hand, "now let's go find everyone. It's too quiet."

We set out down the hall, trying to find anyone; we held our wands out as we walked through the halls that were nearly destroyed with results of a battle.

"Fred, there's something wrong here...." I whispered as I glanced around, I didn't hear any fighting and I didn't see a single soul and out of the corner of my eye I noticed a white haze that outlined everything. What was going on?

"I agree...did you notice that the rubble from that wall we were in front of was gone?" Fred looked over at me, his face etched with concern.

We passed a large room that looked like a dining hall, I paused and looked inside. There was no one there, everything looked clean and I noticed the white outline again. "Fred...." I looked at him and he was watching me, waiting for me to continue. "Do you believe in life after death?" I whispered.

Fred's features scrunched up and he looked doubtful, "elaborate."

"We were in the middle of a battle, no one is around, the rubble that fell around us is gone but there's still evidence there was a war, and I keep seeing a white outline on everything I look at," I explained. At the last part Fred nodded once, I assumed he was seeing it too. "Fred...I think...I think we're dead."