Episode 2.6

Over the next few days, Harry somehow tried to process the news that his mother had breast cancer. He just couldn't make it through at all. When not distracted by his work, he thought about it non-stop, imagining what would happen if the worst came to pass. Of course, Louis didn't hide the fact that there was something wrong with Harry. But even now, he couldn't explain to him what was bothering him. He just couldn't, and instead of telling Louis he didn't want to talk about it, they argued and avoided each other. as best they could. In the evening, however, Harry kept coming back to Louis and begging him for forgiveness and Louis, as weak-willed as Harry was when it came to her, let him into his bed.

Meanwhile Harry could understand Liam really well, he would also like to start drinking just to calm his thoughts. He solved it a bit differently though, Harry went out to celebrate but took care not to get completely drunk so as not to get into even more trouble. Liam was a reminder to him. Besides, he did not get alcohol so easily now that they were in the USA and not in Europe. The boys were not much help. The mood had noticeably gone down again. Niall felt excluded with Harry and Louis as a couple and Zayn and Liam as whatever. You could hardly find the two of them alone anymore, which of course made it difficult for Niall. On the outside, he appeared carefree and as if that didn't bother him at all, but when he was lost in his thoughts, you could see that he was not happy. Harry always tried to include him somehow, but the fact was that he liked to be alone with Louis, if he wasn't annoyed by him because he couldn't open his mouth.

And even if Zayn and Liam were together all the time and they seemed to be happy, they were having regular breakdowns. Most of the time, Sophia seemed to be the reason for this because Liam just wouldn't let go of her and Zayn was unbelievably upset about it, even though he didn't really admit it. All in all, they were back at the same point as a few weeks ago. They were broken, irritated, and just ready for a break.

As they sat on the tour bus on the way to Nashville, there was an oppressive silence. Everybody was busy with themselves, nobody was talking or even seemed to be interested in any of the other guys. Harry lay in his bunk, staring at the ceiling. He would really love to be home now, with his mother. Tomorrow she had her surgery appointment and she had once again emphatically forbidden him to just throw everything away and come home. Harry had talked for a long time on the phone with Robin, who tried to calm him down and to talk him into believing that everything would work out fine. But Harry had heard the tension in his voice. What if something happened during the surgery? Or they found metastases? In places that couldn't be operated on? The tumor wasn't malignant, but that didn't mean that it couldn't still cause problems.

He blinked violently and drove over his eyes. Gemma had been home for a few days, supporting them. She had told him that she had never seen her mother so serious and joyless. Usually the house was filled with warmth and laughter, now it felt like walking across a cemetery. Everyone was tense and nervous. The worst thing for Harry was that there was nothing he could do. Not even being there to hold his mother's hand. He was miles away and forced to pretend that everything was fine. It killed him to be so far away from home and so powerless. Over and over again he had asked himself why this had to happen to his mother of all people. She was the best person he knew. She didn't deserve this.

Nobody deserved that.

Harry swallowed the lump down his throat. He just wanted to go home.

"Harry?" he heard Louis' familiar voice. He seemed to be standing in front of his bunk. "Are you asleep?"

Harry didn't answer. "Hazza?" He didn't want any company now, not even Louis'. But when he heard how fragile Louis sounded, he pushed the curtain aside. A sad pair of blue eyes looked at him "I didn't want to wake you."

"You didn't," Harry hurriedly reassured him and put on a smile. Louis shouldn't worry about him. "What is it?

"I have something for you, a little something," he said, handing Harry a small black box.

ℍ𝕒𝕓𝕚𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 ℍ𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 ¶Larry Stylinson¶जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें