August 6th / Foxborough

After performing in Toronto for two days, they went to East Rutherford and then to Foxborough. They stayed there for three gigs and then went on to Washington. They were in so many cities that they had lost track of some of them and didn't really know where they were or where they were going.

Harry and Louis were not very interested in their next destinations at the moment anyway. They were much more interested in spending as much time as possible in pairs, no matter where that was. The boys had enlightened them in the meantime and even if Liam couldn't show it that way, he was happy for the two of them. The separation with Sophia still put a lot of pressure on his mood. Especially since not everything was over as finally as he had assumed and they both didn't really know what they were up to and what they wanted. The reason for their separation was at least a part of the band and couldn't be exchanged easily, even if Sophia would have liked to. Zayn kept out of the story completely, he didn't want to hear about it and for the first time in his life he referred Liam to his other colleagues. He didn't want to talk Liam into anything and in the end he wanted to get a slap on the wrist from Sophia. Besides, he was just busy enough with his own feelings that he probably couldn't even have given Liam any objective advice. Not even if he had one. Because all he wanted to do was just finally put Sophia behind him. But you can't throw that at a friend, so he kept quiet.

To all their relief, they were all back in a hotel room after the Toronto thing. Paul had probably noticed that he saved himself a lot of stress and it was certainly easier to have all the fleas you had to watch out for in one place and not spread all over town. After all, he couldn't afford to be in fifth place and keep an eye on everyone.

After they finally arrived in Foxborough in the middle of the night, they went straight to bed. Not even Harry and Louis stayed up late. But as they had the next day to themselves, there was no reason to do so. Actually they should have done and recorded several interviews, but Paul had decided to cancel everything and give them a day off.

Except for Liam they all decided to go and see the city. Of course they were accompanied by one of their bodyguards, but they could live with that. They enjoyed it more to finally have some time for themselves and to be able to get out than to complain about having a guard at their side. Had its good side. Otherwise they wouldn't have been able to shake off the fans who were chasing them.

But they also got rid of them and they could go to the hotel where Zayn said goodbye right away and said that he would go and check on Liam. Niall, Louis and Harry sat down together and Harry claimed the table for himself and wrote a postcard to Gemma. Even though he did not want to comply with their wish at first, he had hardly bought himself a stack of postcards and stamps when they arrived in America. And so far Harry had sent a card every day.

But sometimes Harry just drew a few things on the card instead of writing endless novels. After all, it wasn't every day that something worth mentioning happened. But today Harry wrote a small text again. He didn't know when the cards arrived at Gemma's and she probably learned some things from the newspaper or on the phone, but somehow it was nice to get in touch and it was a nice memory.

While Harry was writing, Louis and Niall were watching American football. More than once they had to pull out their cell phones to google something because they didn't really understand the sport. "I'd rather stick to football, it's less confusing," Louis decided after reading a long Wikipedia article and confusing Harry. He looked at the map and wondered why there was now something about the offside rule in Ameican football. He threw a sour look at Louis and finally crossed the sentence out.

"You mean soccer," Niall corrected him with a grin, carrying a handful of chips into his mouth, crumbling up the carpet.

"That's what I love about America, half the world says football, only here football is called soccer because their sport, which isn't even played with a foot, is called football. It doesn't make any sense."