Sixteen: The Night

Of course! It was Ron Weasley, the ginger that day at the Slytherin Common Room. Hermione Granger probably brew the potion. Emily had heard people say that she was the brightest witch of her age. But when? Where? How? The questions filled Emily's mind. She snapped out of her thoughts when she heard her name being called.

'Emily!?' Noah asked and ran next to her.

'What do you want Noah? I told you... I don't care about your apology... It's too late...' she said and tryed to leave but he caught her wrist. 'Let me go!'

'Not before you listen to me.' he said.

She let out a sigh. 'I'm listening...' she said.

'Look... I know it was a horrible decision to chose Hunter only because he's my best friend. The truth is that you were the best one on the pitch that day.' she rolled her eyes at the comment. 'Hunter is hard injured. He won't be able to play to our next match against Slytherin. Not that we wanted him to play but still... We have one less chaser...'

'Where is this going?' She asked crossing her arms

'We need you Emily... Please... Be out Chaser. It's our only chance to win the Quidditch cup.' he said.

Emily started thinking about it. Was it her dream? Yeah. Did she like being the second choice? Absolutely not. But it was her chance. Her chance to prove that she was better.

'Fine...' she said lightly. Noah's face lit up. She had never seen him so happy before.

'Thank you, Emily. Thank you so much.' he said and ran away. He stopped after a second and turned around. 'Practice tomorrow morning... We have very limited time.'

'Okay.' she said and saw him running away. I made the right choice... Right? She thought to herself. She looked at her watch just to see that it was time for the classes to begin again as they were delayed due to the match. She had Transfiguration next. It wasn't one of her favourites but it was a pleasant lesson. McGonagall was a really great teacher.

She was running out of time so she started making her way to the Transfiguration courtyard.

McGonagall was saying something about transfigurating a cat into a cauldron. Althow the last thing Emily wanted to do, was to listen to her. She had a lot of things on her mind. Why did Ron Weasley drank the polyjuice potion? What did he want from Malfoy? And now she had to think about the other one. How is she going to play to the house match with no practice? If course she had some practices left but they weren't enough. And of course no one can forget the fact that she had to meet Oliver that night.

She sighed and looked up trying to see what McGonagall was talking about. I'll be ok she thought

---------------------------------------------------------

It was near ten o'clock. Emily was walking down the halls, broom in hand, and she finally found herself in the Clock tower courtyard. She walked straight to the wooden bridge and saw the big pitch in front of her. She smiled. She smiled every time she layed eyes on the pitch. She loved it. Maybe more than she had to. More than she needed to.

She went in the pitch just to find Oliver flying around near the goalspots as usual. She realised that he spotted her as he dived quickly and stood in front of her.

'You came!' he said. Clearly surprised.

'You doubted it?' She asked raising her eyebrow.

'No...Of course not.' he said clearly insecure scrutching the back of his neck.

'So... You told me to come here and bring my broom. Why's that?' She asked him, not looking at him in the eyes.

'I wanted to show you something...' he smirked.

'Should I be scared?'

'Oh I don't know....' his smirk growing. He got on his broom and started going up. 'You coming?' he asked her.

She just chuckled and rode her broom following him. She went and stopped next to him. 'Now what?' She asked

'Follow me.' was all he said.

He started flying outside of the pitch and Emily followed close behind. She speeded up and found herself right next to him. She turned to look at him and understood that he was already looking at her. He smiled and she turned to face her broom, obviously blushing. Emily you're dating Cedric... She thought Focus. They made their way to the black lake and Oliver dived in the air. 'OLIVER!' she screamed seeing him keep diving.

'Relax and follow me.' he said as he stopped centimeters above the surface. She looked at him like he was crazy. 'Come on... Everything's going to be fine.' he told her and she took some deep breaths before following him.

Her feet were so close to the water. Her eyes closed. She loved flying but that was actually scary. 'Come on... Open your eyes... Look at the view...' she heard Oliver say, his Scottish accent thick. She slowly opened one eye and she was left in shock. Her eyes widen at the sight. The lake was quiet. Still. She had never seen it like this. The water was like silver in her eyes. She was amazed. She looked down at the water. She saw her reflection. She slowly removed a hand from her broom and brought it near the surface. She dipped her fingertips in there, the cold water sending a shiver through her body.

She turned and look at Oliver who was staring at her. 'It's beautiful' she claimed. 'Absolutely Beautiful'.

He looked in her eyes. They were shining. They were shining brighter than the moon. Brighter than the lake. Brighter than all the stars in the sky. He looked at her. This moment was now printed in his head. He knew it then. He knew he loved her. That was when it hit him. She wasn't his. He couldn't call her his. He couldn't even kiss her. He wanted it. He wanted it more than anything in the world. But she wasn't his...

'Wood, are you ok?' He shook the thoughts out of his head.

'Yeah I'm fine...' he said faking a smile.

She looked back at the lake. He studied her features. God she's beautiful he thought. 'Hey! Race to the Quidditch pitch?' he smirked.

'You know me.' she smirked back. He chuckled while he sped up.

In some seconds they were both at the Quidditch pitch. The dived into the air and stopped at the centre. They got off their brooms and Emily turned to look at Oliver. She chuckled when she saw how messy his hair was. She stood on her tiptoes, as he was much taller than her, and put her hand on his hair trying to fix them.

'Much better.' she said removing her hand and he chuckled. 'So, what was all that about?'

'It just felt like it'

'Oh come on Oliver. You don't do this if it feels like it.' she said

'Did you just call me Oliver?' he asked. Her eyes widen.

'I-I...'

'Don't... I like it when you use my name.' he said. 'Most of the people call me Wood and I'm kinda bored of it.' he scrutched the back of his neck.

'Ok then Oliver.' she smiled. 'What was that for?'

'I wanted to show you that I'm actually sorry about what happened with Angelina and everything.'

'I told you. You don't have to apologize. I was the one who ran into you two. I know you're probably dating or something but-'

'No! We're not! We're definitely not!' he cut her. She looked away not knowing what to say. Oliver if you don't do it now you never will he thought to himself. 'Can I try something?' he asked.

'what?' She asked finally making eye contact with him.

The knot in his stomach growing. He was scared. Scared of rejection.

He put his one hand on her cheek. He leaned in until his lips finally found hers...

---------------------------------------------------------