Ten: Parselmouth

'What?!?' She said wide-eyed

'You're a Parselmouth. You can talk to snakes. That's why you understood what Harry said.' Oliver said.

'That's insane. How can I be a Parselmouth. You that being a Parselmouth is inherited. I don't think that my mother can talk to snakes.'

'What about your father?' he asked

'My father was a muggle, how could he?' She said and Oliver nodded.

'Well, somehow you are and that's not good Lewis. That's not good at all because...'

'Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth.' she continued his sentence, completely expressionless.

Oliver looked down 'Tell me that you didn't open the Chamber of Secrets.' he said

She was left there in shock. She couldn't believe what he had just said. 'Really Wood? You think I could have opened the Chamber of Secrets? I'm investigating this since day one. How could you say that?' She said with a disgusted face.

'I just. You know Salazar Slytherin was a Parselmouth and I thought that...'

'What Wood?!?' She asked obviously angry. She couldn't belive that a person so close to her like Oliver could even think something like that. He looked at his feet. 'I cannot believe you.' she said and left.

'Lewis wait!' he said but it was too late.

He sat down putting his head in his hands. You're an idiot he thought to himself

---------------------------------------------------------

'Ahh' she groaned as she closed the door to her dorm.

Blair realised that her best friend was angry. She waited a little bit so she wouldn't have to be hit by a book.

'What's wrong?' she asked her best friend

'The real question is what's right.' she said.

'Did something happen' Blair.

Emily layed on her bed, murmured a quick 'No.' and fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------

'She's a monster.' Emily heard Blair talking to Oliver.

'I know, who would love her? She is a snake.' she felt her eyes filled with tears.

Then Brian, Fred and George appeared and started laughing at her face alongside with Blair and Oliver.

---------------------------------------------------------

She woke up with tears breathing heavily. She looked at her clock. It was just three o'clock. She realised that she wouldn't be able to sleep, so she grabbed some clothes and went for a usual night walk. When she finally got out she went down a lot of corridors.

'Kill. It's time to kill.'. The voice, it's going to kill she thought and started running down the corridor that the voice was heard.

She stopped at a crossroad when she saw what was happening on her right. It was Harry Potter and he was looking at the boy which he saved from the serpent earlier. The only problem was that he... was petrified. Behind them was Nearly Headless Nick. He wasn't moving.

Emily stood there in shock. She probably made some kind of sound because Harry turned around but he didn't see her as she had ran away. She ran quickly back to her dorm not believing what she had just saw.

Was a twelve year old boy like Harry able to do something like that? To open the Chamber of Secrets? He was a Parselmouth too..... She didn't know what to think.

---------------------------------------------------------

The next day everyone learned about the attack and they all thought that it was Harry. Emily was trying to connect the dots, something that felt impossible. At breakfast Oliver tryed to talk to her sending her paper airplanes that he had written things like 'Please forgive me' and 'I didn't mean it' and of course 'I'm so so sorry.'. They were usually followed by a sketch of him being sad or disappointed.

She looked up and saw her best friend coming to sit at their table..

'What happened last night?' Blair asked her.

'Good morning to you too.' she said sarcastically

'Come on tell me...' she said sitting across her.

'Nothing happened.'. Blair raised an eyebrow. She knew something was wrong about her. She was acting strange and Blair was going to find out why.

She stood up leaving Emily with a weird expression. She walked through the tables and found herself infornt of the Gryffindor one. She saw Oliver sitting alone which was a bit odd as he usually sat with his friends.

'What happened with Emily?' she said sitting next to him.

'What happened?' he said looking at her.

'She's acting strange all day.'

'How can you say all day when it's still morning?' he said with a raised eyebrow.

'Don't use sarcasm on me Wood, you know that I'm the queen of it. And you also know that I can kick your arse whenever I want. So tell me what did you do my best friend?' She said yelling the last few words.

'Leave him. I'll talk to you.' Emily said to her best friend calmly. Blair stood up and she followed her out of the great hall.

'Emily....' Oliver said standing up.

'Don't.' she said looking at him with disappointment in her eyes. He looked in her eyes for a moment until she turned around and left.

Oliver was left there. Alone. Or maybe not, cause all the great hall was looking at him.

'Dude...' Fred and George said in unison while oliver sat at the table putting his head in his hands.

'Just shut up.'

---------------------------------------------------------

'Wait. You are a Parselmouth?!?' Blair said wide-eyed.

'Yes. Just don't be so loud.' she said.

'And why are you mad at Wood?' She said.

'H-he t-thoug-ght t-that I opened the Chamb-ber of Sec-crets.'

'Wait WHAT!?' Blair said. 'I'm going to kick his arse.' she said as she stood up from their table at the library. Emily grabbed her arm.

'Hey, he had his reasons....'

'Then why are you mad at him?'.

'Cause..... I thought of him as someone I can trust, someone that wouldn't hurt me and when I realised that he thought I could have been the heir of Slytherin just...... I don't know...'

'You were hurt...' Blair said looking at her best friend with understanding. Emily lowered her head blinking her eyes to remove the tears that were forming.

'Babe???' Fred put his arms around Blair. She blushed.

'I can't right now....'

Emily chuckled 'Go... I'll see you in class.' she said.

'Are you sure?' She asked.

'I'll be fine... Go.' she smile as she saw her best friend leave.

As she was already in the library and her first class was Transfiguration which is close to the library she thought that it would be good to continue her research. She went at the mythology section and started looking at some books. She heard the door being opened but she didn't turn.

'Emily. Nice seeing you again.' he said as he came closer. 'Why here so early?'

---------------------------------------------------------