Eleven: I'm Sorry

'Cedric! Hi.' she said looking more surprised that she should've been.

'Hello to you too. Why here so early and don't you have a class?' he said.

'Well I have McGonagall first thing and I thought that the library is quite  near, so...yeah here I am...' she said. 'Why are you here?' she said as she put a book back to its shelf.

'I have Flitwick.'

'Oh' she said as she took the pile of books in her hands. 'So do you come here a lot cause I have to admit, it's the first time I see you here.'

'Well I was hoping I could find you here.' he said scruching the back of his neck.

'Oh really.' she said 'And why's that?' she raised her eyebrows.

'I was w-wander-ring i-if m-maybe y-you would l-like t-to h-hang out-t l-later.' He stuttered. Wait. Stuttered? Did Cedric Diggory just stutter? The Cedric Diggory?

Emily thought fast, as always, and answered with a quick 'Yeah why not.'

'Great.' his face lit up 'By the lake? Maybe after lunch?'

She thought about the astronomy tower and how she goes there every day. She sighed. 'Yes, that sounds good.'

'Perfect! I'll see you then I guess. Bye' he said giving her a big smile and leaving.

Did Cedric Diggory just asked me to hang out? She thought with a smile Wow

Little did she know that there was a very jealous Oliver Wood just behind that book shelf who had listened to the entire conversation...

---------------------------------------------------------

It was lunch time and Emily had forgotten everything about the morning and the whole Parselmouth and Chamber of Secrets drama. She walked inside the great hall, a big smile pasted on her face. She turned to the Ravenclaw table to locate her friends. Blair was sitting with a book in her hands not even looking at the food in front of her. No wander she was skinny. Next to her was Brian at his usual spot. Of course he was a Hufflepuff but he was their best friend. No one can live without their gay best friend.

'Hey guys.' she said as she sat across them. The smile still on her face.

'Did you hook up with somebody?' Brian asked looking confused.

'No Brian really?' She said looking at him with discuss.

'Then what's with the smile.' he asked.

'Why is it bad to smile?' Blair and Brian both looked at her with raised eyebrows. 'Ok ok fine. I ran into Cedric Diggory while I was in the library' Brian nearly fainted 'and he told me that...'

'he's gay?' Brian cut her.

'No!'

'And I had a chance but nooo.' he said while Emily chuckled and Blair rolled her eyes.

'So what did he tell you?' Blair said, her eyes never leaving the book.

'that he was looking for me and he asked me to hang out with him after lunch today.' she said and Brian literally spit out the water that he had in his mouth. Blair dropped the book she was reading and their jaws dropped open.

'Come on guys it's not that big a deal.'

'It's not that big a deal? Really? Cedric Diggory just asked you out and it's not that big a deal.' Brian said.

'He didn't ask me out. He asked me to hang out with him. I hang out with you guys all the time. What's the problem?'

'Emily. In case you haven't notice, we're not Cedric Diggory. We're not popular.' Blair said and Brian nodded.

In that moment Fred came behind her making her turn around earning a kiss from him. Some students awed on that.

'We're not popular.' Emily mocked her.

'So what are you guys talking about?' Fred said sitting next to Blair and grabbed a goblet of water.

'Emily here was just asked out by Cedric Diggory' she said. Fred spat the water that he had in his mouth.

'Why is everybody doing that?' Emily said.

'You were asked out by Diggory?' he asked.

'I wasn't asked out.'

'Of course she was. Don't listen to her.' Blair said.

'What about Oliver?' he said.

'What about him?' Emily asked him.

'Babe you don't wanna get into that story.' Blair whispered at him unfortunately loud enough for Emily to hear.

'No seriously. What about him?' Emily said looking at Fred like she was about to murder him.

'N-n-n-nothing' he said.

'Oh whatever. I'm leaving anyways.' she said and stood up.

'Going to find Diggory?' Blair smirked.

'Oh shut up.' she said and left.

---------------------------------------------------------

'Hey!' Cedric said as she walked closer to him. The lake was beautiful at this time of the day. She never really looked at it that closely.

'So... How was your day?' She asked sitting next to him breaking the awkward silence.

'Pretty boring actually. I had Snape last period you see.' they both chuckled at this. 'How was yours?'

'You can't say it was good. But I've through worse so...'

'Why didn't we done this before?'

'done what?'

'Talk to each other. Do you realise this is the first time we actually talk?' he asked earning a laugh from her.

---------------------------------------------------------

Hours and hours had past but it felt only like minuetes. Emily and Cedric were having a great time. It was really weird how much she connected with someone she just talked.

'and then I suddenly fell of the stairs, water all over me.' Cedric finished a funny story he was saying.

'Really?'

'Yeah' they both laughed together. They stopped for a moment and looked into each other's eyes. Cedric leaned in and found her lips. She didn't think about it much and kissed back. It was amazing, Cedric was a really good kisser, but something didn't feel right. She was thinking about Oliver. Why? She didn't know. They pulled away for air but when Cedric leaned in again she pulled away.

'I can't do this.' She said 'I'm sorry Ced.'

'Yeah it's my fault. I'm sorry' he said as he pulled away, being red from embarrassment. 'I'm so stupid.' he said putting his hand on his face 'That was stupid.'

'No it was perfect.' she said as she put her hand on his other one. 'I just.... Really need a friend right now.' she pulled him in for a hug which he returned.

'So are we ok.' he said still in the hug.

'Of course we are'

---------------------------------------------------------

It was late at night but who says no to a trip to the astronomy tower. Emily was going up the last staircase when she heard someone 'God, I'm stupid' the voice said. Why is everybody stupid today? she thought.

When she finally was at the top she was not surprised to see the back of a specific Quidditch player. Of course he would be here.

He probably heard her cause he turned around. 'Emily?' he asked softly.

'I'll just go.' she turned to leave.

'I'm sorry.' he said making her stop. 'I'm really sorry Emily.'

---------------------------------------------------------