Chapter 8

In the back if the cab, we discussed the plan. The cab ride to the theater was almost a half an hour long so we had to make quick work.

"This is so exciting!" Fallon exclaimed.
"I've never snuck out to something this big!"

She curled her hair at the gas station. She looked amazing. She doesn't usually wear make up, but this time she did.

I straightened my hair and wore the same makeup I usually wore.

The cab driver dropped us off in front of a huge concert building. It was almost as nice as the one we were performing at for chorus. Large marble pillars welcomed us at the entrance.

Inside, there were at least two hundred people, all of their tickets were being punched.

"I thought we were going to be late." Fallon said leaning up against one if the stone pillars. I leaned next to her. My high heels were killing me. I should've just worn flip flops.

I slipped my red shoes off and let my feet touch the cool marble. I sighed.

It was really crowded in the entrance where Fallon and I were waiting to be let in. I wasn't comfortable. I started to get queasy. I closed my eyes. I put my shoes back on and told Fallon we should get moving.

We were almost to the entrance of the auditorium when I heard screams erupt from the back of the crowd.

"Eric!" I heard a girl yell.

The crowd forming an aisle as six bodyguards came pushing through. A man with black hair and sunglasses was pushing his way through the crowd with six other bodyguards trailing behind him. Girls were touching his arms and bodyguards shoved them off.

I saw Fallon's eyes light up next to me. She ran over to where he was coming through. I ran after her.

"Fallon! What are you doing?!" I screamed.

She leapt in the way of the body guards.

Before I could say something, they threw her back. Luckily, I was there to catch her.

Eric Jacobsen turned his head to look at me. He stopped for a moment. I looked at him back.

Then his bodyguard nudged him back along.

Fallon stood up and looked at me, shocked.

I finally snapped out of my trance and stared at her.

"What were you thinking?! You saw the guards there!" I yelled at her.

She looked at her feet, embarrassed.

"I just... wanted to do something outrageous. I'm sorry."

We got back in line and finally made it up to the front.

"Tickets." The ticket collected said. I handed him the tickets.

He scanned them and a rapid beeping sound came from the scanner.

"Sorry these aren't valid."

My heart sank. I guess we would be seeing Marty Baldwin.

"W-what are you talking about?" Fallon asked nervously.

"These are expired. They were from last year." He explained

Great. We can't even see Marty Baldwin.

"Ok." Fallon started to walk away when I said,

"Wait, scan them again."

"Excuse me?" He asked.

"Scan them again." I said sternly.

Fallon turned around.

The ticket scanner scanned the tickets again, timidly.

One beep came from the machine.

He chuckled nervously, "Just a glitch in the system."

Fallon ran over to me and we hugged. We bounded into the concert area and found our seats in the first row.

I can't believe I am here. I just ditched chorus finals! I feel so free! I can do anything!

The lights went down in the theater. An announcer came over the speakers, "Please give it up for the one, the only...... Eric Jacobsen!!!"

The crowd erupted in cheers.

I felt like I was at chorus finals, and everyone was cheering for me.

I turned and saw Fallon crying. She hugged me and I hugged her back. Tears were threatening my eyes. I didn't care. I let them fall down my cheeks. By now Fallon was sobbing into my shoulder.

Eric Jacobsen rose out of the stage on a platform with smoke coming out of the bottom. He was dressed in a pink tuxedo for breast cancer. Ren may be hot and sweet, but Eric Jacobsen is hot, sweet, caring, and a celebrity. I just stare at him and wish I could have him. If I think Ren is a long shot, Eric is the moon.

He started singing his number one hit "In a Trance".

He hesitated before he sang the refrain. He was staring at me again. I smiled. It's the least I could do.

He smiled back.

My heart just exploded.

***

Yay! Chapter 9! Ok, I know with Eric Jacobsen instead of just saying Eric I am saying his full name. But I have a good reason for it. If you guys are reading this, it means you like my story! Thank you for supporting me and staying with my crazy plot.

Love y'all always!

XOXO
-RavenclawMaven1198

Oh and a shout out to belle-of-the-ball-xo who edited my story.