Chapter 6

"Ariel that's crazy!" Fallon said.

"I am crazy." I replied with a smile on my face.

"It's not going to be that simple-"

"How much more simple can you get? We go to Vegas, get 'lost' and I have somebody cover for me at a hotel. They send my dad and sisters on a wild goose chase to find me-"

"Us" Fallon corrected.

"Us" I replied back.

"And we go to the concert, have a great time, and come back before we are gone too long."

"I can't lie like that!"

"You can, with my help."

"Ariel..."

"At least I came up with a plan."

"Can't we just skip it. There will be plenty of other opportunities-"

"No, Fallon! There won't be other opportunities! Unless you have two hundred plus dollars to spend to pick the day and time of your choice! You don't have that money!" I immediately regretted what I said.

Anger and hurt flashed across her face.

"You know what, you can have fun with the concert. I think I will stay home." Tears were forming in her eyes.

She started to walk away.

"Fallon, wait. I'm sorry I should've never said that... I wasn't thinking."

She turned around and looked at me.
I sighed.

"I'll think about it." She said.

And then she walked away.

***

"Make sure your permission slips are in by Tuesday and your songs are memorized my Monday!" Seemal exclaimed.

"Um, Seemal?" A girl named Vanessa who usually sat in the back approached Seemal.

"Yes, Vanessa?"

"Have you decided who the solos will go to?" She asked.

"Yes, Ariel, Will, Jackie, and Damion." He said while flipping through papers.

"Oh, well, ok." She walked away with her head hung low.

"Hey, Vanessa," I said to her.

She looked up.

"Hi." She answered back.

"Did you want one of the solos?"

"Oh, um, yeah. I kinda did."

"Well" I said, lowering my voice, "If you want mine-"

"Yes!" She said excitedly.

"Well I might be able to give you mine."

"Let's talk about this somewhere else."

We walked out to the ice cream shop next to the school. Vanessa chose a table in the corner.

"Please I will do anything to get a solo." She said, her short brown hair perfectly curving around her face.

"And I will do anything to get out of this solo."

She smiled.

"I guess we are on the same page then. So why don't you want the solo?"

I explained to her everything. About the concert, about the talent agent, about Will.

Another smile spread across her face.

"I know how to solve your problem."

"You do?" I asked in disbelief.

"The moment you said concert and solo I had an idea."

She pulled up her chair and put her hands on the table.

"So here's what I'm thinking. The understudy auditions are coming up soon. They want somebody with a voice like yours. So we give them that. You record yourself singing, I get the part. The night of the performance you sneak off to your concert and I will take your place. But, if your not back by ten o clock, I will tell everybody the whole story and you can never see Eric Jacobsen again. And I will keep that promise."

That last part shocked me. There was a threat mixed into it. I could lose something.

She looked at me and waited for an answer.

I hesitated before I said, "Uh, yeah. Sounds like a plan." A smiled weakly.

A sneer covered her face. She got up and walked out.

This is going to be a long week.

***

Goodness! That was another short chapter. There was a lot in it though. Please comment and vote! I love your feedback!

XOXO
-RavenclawMaven1198