Chapter 1

Frisk looks down at a battered flower. The flower was waiting to be hit. To be killed by Frisk.

This flower was none other than Flowey.

"I won't do it." Frisk muttered, despite how much she had died over and over again by Flowey, she refused to do the same to him.

Flowey's look changed to one of shock, and then anger. "What do mean you won't do it?! Don't you know that will get you killed?"

Some of his tattered and torn vines started to move slowly in a way that resembled a human clenching their fists.

Frisk shook her head and smiled. "I don't like to kill anyone."

In fact, Frisk never killed a single monster in the Underground. The thought of killing another monster really troubles her.

"Consider this your MERCY from me." Frisk did a little curtsy in a polite manner.

"Idiot human," Flowey muttered under his breath. He paused. "...You really aren't going to kill me?"

"I have no desire to." Frisk smiled, not being offended by the name calling. "I do hope you have learned from this. In fact, I have forgiven you for everything you've done."

"I just can't understand..." Why did his face feel wet all of a sudden? (No SOUL. I shouldn't be able to feel sadness. So it must be something else.)

"You don't need to." Frisk replied. "But you will know eventually." She turned her back. "I'll let you go. I'm sparing you."

She confidently walked on ahead towards the barrier door. Her feet stopped at the edge of it. She looked sadly towards the dust on the ground. It had a king-like attire scattered on the ground. As she looked ahead, she sees two words.

CONTINUE.

RESET.

(Reset? I can do that?) Frisk blinked. She could bring back Asgore! The Underground would be mourning for their King. A flicker of hope shone in Frisk's eyes as her hand goes towards RESET.

Flowey could see what she was doing. He could always see those things, but he could never touch them due to Frisk's determination being so much stronger than his own.

(She spared me. The battle is over.) He tried to remind himself of this. But he had a burning feeling inside. If Frisk RESET, it would happen all over again.

(No...)

He extended his vines to tower over Frisk from behind, causing a threatening shadow to form in front of her. An eerie smile spread across Flowey's face.

(I will show her what happens to those who offer MERCY.)

His vines quickly got a tight grip around her neck before Frisk could process what was going on.

(In this world...it's still kill or be killed.)

Frisk felt a pain spread through her neck. She couldn't breathe. All she felt was a force of wind. Quickly, she realized she was thrown outside the barrier.

A force of wind stung Frisk's body. She realizes that she is falling.

Her eyes are in panic. But it was too late. She felt a horrible pain smash the back of her head. Her vision fades to black.

...

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

A steady sound makes Frisk's eyes slowly open. It was a bit hard to do so. She struggled a little bit as the light was sensitive to her vision. She hears voices murmuring in the background. When she had finally gotten out of her drowsiness, she noticed her arm had IVs attached to it.