CHAPTER XX: SKHY

After their encounter, Skhy was curious about her. She was very careful with her words. It felt like she didn't want to tell her life stories. She told them about finding about her power, what happened in her house, and her travel but they were short and brief. She gave small smiles but dropped her gaze to the ground afterward. But Skhy was also cautious of his words. Even if she was harmless, she still was a stranger to them. But he hoped he could earn her trust and she his.

He was amazed that she could manipulate water. It must be because there were only a few of them in the Academy. After she returned his water bottle, she sat on the ground beside Lei. She hugged her knees and stared at the fruits in front of her. It felt like she wasn't used to people.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concerned. She looked at him and nodded.

"I am. I'm just tired", she replied. He nodded. Lei offered her an apple which she gladly took.

"Where did you come from?" Skhy bit his apple but didn't take his eyes off her.

"The west", she whispered.

"It was a long journey", Lei stated.

"It is. But when you are being chased by a pack of wolves, you don't remember the distance", she replied with a stronger voice. She chucked and her smile broadened. It disappeared after seconds and she dropped her gaze to the group. Skhy smiled.

"It's okay, Tessa. You can be comfortable with us", he told her.

"That's true", Lei seconded who lightly tapped her shoulders. Tessa looked at him then Lei. She gave a small smile.

"I'm sorry. I'm still surprised that I was able to meet someone who can help me." Her tone was shaking but her eyes were clear. There was a hint of happiness in her golden orbs.

"To be honest, we are also shocked that we are still alive", Skhy said smiling at her. He knew the risks but he chose to go. He doesn't want to die without doing anything. Now, he found Lei. One down, six more to go.

"Where are you going now?" Tessa asked. She bit her lower lip when Skhy didn't say anything at first. He was thinking about what to tell her. Should he tell her about the Seven?

"We are looking for people who can help us", he finally said. He chose his words so as not to expose the plans entirely but at the same time, don't offend her. Tessa nodded and stared at him. What is she thinking?

"What are you thinking?" he blurted. What are you doing, Skhy?

"Nothing", she replied. But it didn't look like nothing to him.

"Skhy, we better put some herbs on that shoulder", Lei said to him. He totally forgot about his wound. It was getting numb.

"You are hurt?" Tessa looked concerned. She eyed his left shoulder. The blood dried up on his shirt.

"Yeah. It's nothing big", he responded. But Tessa kept her gaze on his shoulder. She slightly opened her mouth just to close it after a second then she bit her lip. Skhy frowned. What is she going to say?

"Okay. I'm going to cut your shirt", she announced. He nodded but kept his eyes on Tessa. He hissed when the damp leaves touched his skin. Shit. It hurts. He closed his eyes and bit his lip to suppress his groans.

"Slowly", he muttered but Lei kept on patting the wound with the leaves.

"It is slow", she pointed out. When the pain subsided, he opened his eyes and saw Tessa's worried face.

"This is not the worst", he said. She removed her gaze from his shoulder to look at him.

"What do you mean? You've been to fights before?" Her look was so innocent.