Her head snapped behind her when a rushing power made the hairs on her neck stand. The movement of the bush was long forgotten. Her wide eyes scanned the path where she came from.

What are you doing, Tessa? Run.

In the back of her mind, she wanted to run, but she stood her ground. She promised herself not to run anymore.

She dropped her bag on the ground then clenched her fists. A strong rushing wind made her step backward but her back collided to the tree. Dust was everywhere. She positioned her arms on her face. The wind suddenly stilled and she blinked several times. She dropped her arms and came face to face with five men she saw in the town gate. They stood a foot taller than her in all black clothes and enormous muscles.

"Who are you" the man in the middle demanded. Tessa frowned. Confusion was evident on her face.

Aren't THEY looking for ME?

These men also had the same insignias on the left side of their necks, however, they did not emanate wicked aura. But it doesn't mean she could trust them. Tessa does not want to trust anyone. She cannot trust anyone.

"Didn't you hear me" the man stepped forward. He looked angry now. His brow furrowed and fists clenched.

"You don't know me?" she whispered. Her hands flat on the tree behind her but her right foot was positioned in front of her to get ready to run.

The middle man frowned at her words, confused. The other men looked at each other. Unlike the men she encountered days ago, these men looked strong but not dangerous.

"Kasst, we are wasting our time," the man on his left said. Tessa looked at him and he looked annoyed. Tessa bit his lips.

They aren't like Redhead and the others, right?

She wasn't sure about the answer to her question.

"Shut up, Alen", Kasst, the man in front of her shouted without looking at the Alen guy. "We need to know if she knows Sk-, Wright." He looked lost for a moment, like he remembered something, but recovered after a second and continued to glare at Tessa. She stared back.

Should I trust then?

Maybe, they are the ones waiting for her.

"She looked suspicious," said the man on her left.

"I also don't recognise her energy", the man beside Alen said with a frown.

Or not.

"Hey!" Tessa jumped a little then blinked at Kasst. Fury was evident in his eyes. Whoever he was, he won't stop until he gets what he wanted.

"Who. Are. You" Every word hit Tessa like a cold wind. As Kasst stepped forward, his insignia shone.

Should I trust them? Or fight them?

Cold sweat rolled down her forehead. Trust. The one word she does not need right now. The one word so foreign after the truth hit her days ago.

"WHO ARE YOU?" His voice echoed and birds flew from the trees around them. She noticed that the men were now holding weapons. Tessa gasped, scared of what they might do. But she was able to defeat Redhead and she can do it again.

Please give me a sign on what to do.

"I'm- " An explosion from her right shook the ground and stopped her from whatever she was going to say. They all looked towards the sound but the huge trees hid the view.

"Wright." Kasst's voice was deep, cold and accusing. He spitted like the word was venom in his mouth. He gripped his sword like he was trying to coke someone.

This was her chance. The men started to run towards the direction of the explosion. Tessa grabbed her bag from the ground and ran towards the opposite direction then turned south to avoid the road.

"Kasst, the girl", someone shouted behind her but she kept running. Her legs were sore but her instinct pushed her forward.

I've been running for days now but I still don't know who I'm running away from. And where to go.

She saw a tall tree with roots sticking from the ground and twisting with each other. She ducked behind its largest root. She looked at the path she came from and felt relieved when she saw no one. They probably went to investigate the explosion.

The explosion. The truth struck her. She was already in Woodland. She looked towards the direction of the explosion then to her compass.

The explosion was from the east. They were being attacked. 'They' being her saviours were under attack. There was no doubt about that. She groaned.

Now what?

Before she could plan, another explosion shook the trees. She saw animals scatter then hid elsewhere. Birds cried above.

What's happening?

She looked towards the east. The trees hid what's happening but she could feel them. She could feel strong energy radiating from the direction of the explosion. Not just one. They were many.

It was only when she heard the snap behind her that she felt another set of energy. Tessa turned and found two pairs of eyes staring at her.

Is it too late to run?