"You were hanging out together all the time. So we just thought..." Liam shrugged. It seemed uncomfortable for him to carry the thought on after Harry had shot her down like that. "Because we're under arrest and we don't know what else to do. It's because of you I'm going after Louis! To change the climate in the band!" Okay, and also because he appreciated and missed Louis' company

"It worked out great," Niall grinned, at least until Harry gave him a nasty look.

"You really are stupid! Louis and I, that will never happen again. We want to be friends, nothing more. I really expected a bit more from you." So Harry wanted to be friends with Louis, Louis wanted more. Harry was really only interested in a friendly relationship. Honestly now.

"Sorry, Harry," mumbled Liam depressed. He looked like a big, sad teddy bear who could use a good hug. So Harry couldn't stay mad at him for long. "You guys are really stupid. Next time just come straight to one of us and ask.

"I tried, but Louis wouldn't tell me."

"What do you mean, you asked him?"

"Well, this morning. But he just smiled at me and took off."

Harry had no idea why Louis would do that. Actually, he thought it was too sensitive a subject to joke about. "Well, I guess he really got to you."

Niall pulled a fluff and muttered something Harry didn't understand. But he clearly heard the words "asshole" and "got his hopes up", which finally made him laugh. "Stop getting your hopes up."

"I can't do that, I'm president of your fan club, and besides, I firmly believe that you're not done with each other. You haven't even had a relapse yet." Now Liam rolled his eyes. "Niall..."

"What do you mean, relapse?"

"Well, everyone has had a history with their ex. You love each other, you break up, you end up back in the sack because of the good old days, you try again and live happily ever after until you die.

"Uh-huh." Harry wasn't sure if Niall really meant it. But from the look on his face, he was dead serious. Liam just shook his head and Harry couldn't quite follow Niall's train of thought. A relapse like that seemed pretty much impossible. "Who's to say we haven't had a relapse?

A big smile came over Niall's face. He punched Harry lightly in the shoulders. "I just know that," he said. "We didn't want to keep you from eating, by the way."

"You didn't do too well, by the way. What did you actually do to the bloke who was pushing the car?"

"Oh, he's lying gagged and bound in my room." Liam tossed Harry one of the buns and then bit off another one, grinning at him. "Wow, you two hang out too much. You can clearly feel Niall's bad influence on you."

Niall just showed him the bird, grabbed a roll, too. "Hey, those are mine!"

"Haven't you ever learned to share, Harold?"

"Stop.eating.my.food!" After each word, Harry paused and gave Niall a blow, the last one so hard he put the bread roll back and begged Liam for a slice instead. Harry made sure he got some more of the topping off before it was eaten by the two of them as well and then took turns looking back and forth between them. "You look super disappointed."

"I am. I really thought you guys were back together." Harry had rarely seen Niall so down.

"Sorry."

"And you really don't want to try again?" Liam asked him. In life, Harry would never have thought his colleagues cared that much about him and Louis becoming a couple again. Why should they? Things were going so well for everyone. "That's not what we talked about." Or maybe Harry hadn't let Louis get that far. And the way those two had just mugged him here, he'd done everything right. I mean, what happened when they got back together? Niall would probably throw a party right away and invite everyone so that the last person would know. No, they didn't have to do that. Harry didn't want a relationship in which he was under constant surveillance by his colleagues. even if they didn't mean any harm.