Letting go

Taehyung's POV

"Nampyeon, abot mo nga sa akin yung measuring cup. Tapos paki-kuha nung kisses para sa cookies." utos sa akin ni Anae na busy sa pag-halo ng cookie dough.

Agad kong kinuha yung nga kailangan nya at inabot sa kanya.

"Parang ang daming cookies naman ata nyan." sabi ko habang pinapanuod sya.

"Ano ka ba? 4 yung anak mo, tapos syempre yung iba pa. Tsaka si Melody at Calvin pa." sabi nya kaya tumango-tango ako, pero agad na napasimangot ng may napansin ako.

"Bakit ako wala?" nguso ko.

"Gusto mo rin ba?" gulat na tanong nya.

"Alangan. Gawa mo yan di gusto ko yan."

"Osya. Second batch na kayo ng Bangtan." sabi nya at nagpatuloy sa paghalo at naglagay sa tray para ma-bake na.

Namamapak kami ng kisses ngayon sa may kitchen table habang inaantay maluto yung cookies.

"Anae." tawag ko sa kanya. "Sa tingin mo I'm doing a great job as a father to our kids?" seryosong tanong ko.

"What kind of a question is that Nampyeon?"natatawang tanong nya. "If you weren't a great father to your kids, sa tingin mo they'll be open to you? Stop doubting yourself Taehyung. Your children loves you more than you know. And I am proud and lucky because they have a father like you." ngiti nya as she holds my hand over the table.

"And I am thankful that you are the reason of these wonderful blessings I have." I lovingly told her.

"We created this treasures together Nampyeon." she smiled.

Our conversation was cut off when the oven tinged.

"Its done."she said excitedly and ran over towards the oven.

She carefully placed the cooked cookies on a jar . So I immediately took one and ate it.

"Hmm." I said while chewing. "This is good." I honestly said while taking another bite.

"Really?" she asked so I nodded and let her taste it. "Hmm." she praised herself.

She took another one and put it in her mouth, half hanging, so I immediately bite the cookie off of her mouth.

"Its more delicious this way." I said while grinning at her flustered face.

She hit me a few times so I just laughed but that moment was cut when we saw our eldest twins with puffy eyes and red nose.

I was shocked, well we were shocked so we put down the jars and the tray and went straight to them.

Jhes hugged me as Dax hugged Anae.

"What happened?" I silently mouthed to Chelsea and Chester who were with them.

Chelsea put both of her hands together to make a heart-shaped figure and moved it to look like its broken in half.

"Both of them?" Anae mouthed also so Chester pointed Jhes and Dax and nodded.

"Hey Sweetie! What's wrong you guys could tell Mom and Dad everything." I asked Jhes in a soothing voice and I felt that she hugged me tighter.

"Like to talk about it over a warm glass of milk and freshly baked cookies?" Anae asked as Jhes and Dax nodded.

"Sige po Tito, Tita. We should leave the four of you alone. Tsaka gabi hinahanap na din po kami ni Daddy." paalam ni Chester.

"Sige. Salamat. Ingat kayo." paalam namin ni Anae.

Nakita kong tinapik muna ni Chester si Jhes at Dax sa balikat habang si Chelsea ay niyakap silang dalawa.

"Anak, kunin nyo yung jar ng cookies nyo oh." abot ni Anae ng 2 jar sa kanila habang nagpi-prepare ng gatas.

"Thank you Tita." halik nilang pareho sa magkabilang pisngi ni Anae bago lumabas ng bahay.

"So, what happened?" Anae asked Jhes and Dax na nasa harapan namin habang binababa yung baso ng gatas at platito ng cookies.

"Jhes and I decided to confess. She confessed to Calvin and I to Melody. It did not ended well."maikling sabi ni Dax habang hawak yung baso ng gatas.

"We know naman po na we had no chance and we noticed na gusto nila ang isa't-isa. Pero we still confessed because we chose to let go. We wanted to move on." naiiyak na sabi ni Jhes so I walked towards them and hugged them.

"Akala namin handa kami. Pero masakit pa rin pala." natatawang sabi ni Dax tho medyo nahka-crack yung voice nya, stopping himself from crying.

"Shhh. Just let it out. Let it out. We're here for you." sali ni Anae sa yakap namin.

Nung medyo nahimasmasan na yung kambal eh bumalik na kami sa upuan namin ni Anae.

"Do you regret it?" tanong ko.

"Regret what Dad?" tanong nila ng sabay.

"Do you two regret letting them go?" sabi na ni Anae, stating what's on my mind.

Jhes and Dax looked at each other and smiled.

"No. We wanted them to be happy." they said in chorus.

"Will this affect your friendship with them? Jhes with Melody, Dax with Calvin and both of you with them?" tanong ni Anae.

"No Mom. And we know right now mahihirapan sila na umamin sa isa't-isa dahil iisipin nila kami ni Dax." sagot ni Jhes.

"That's why we need to talk to them that nothing will change. And we have accepted it." ngiti naman ni Dax kay Jhes as he held her hand.

"We have to help them to be together with the barkada." excited na sabi ni Jhes.

I smiled while looking at them. Napaka-mature and sensitive nila pareho. Just like their Mom.

Anae walked towards them and kissed their foreheads.

"I'm so proud of you both. We are." she said as she caressed their cheeks.

They hugged their Mom.

"We will find our happiness too Dad, Mom. When the right time comes. I'll fulfill my dreams with someone like Dad." Jhes said dreamingly.

"And I'll find mine with someone like Mom." Dax continued.

I ruffled their hairs.

"That's right. Wait for the right time. Mga bata pa kayo. So live life to the fullest." I reminded them as they both nodded their head.