"Huh? You sure?"

"Of course. I bet you three have plenty to catch up on?"

"No. We don't. What about your studying?" seethed Katsuki.

"Oh, almost forgot about that."

"Not even for a few minutes? Why not? You gotta treasure the friends you've made, dude!"

"Yeah, I would like to know how you even got to make friends." Y/N smiled.

"What the hell? You two seem, like, way too nice to be friends with Katsuki." Cowlicks said, practically blinded by Eijiro's noble aura and Y/N's kind smile.

Katsuki, Y/N, and Eijiro all responded at once.

"What's that s'posed to mean, you?"

"Bakugo may have a bad attitude and a nasty mouth on him, but he's a man's man who's jsut following his convictions!"

"He may be stupid, annoying, reckless, and loud, but if you just get to know him better and get used to his shitty personality, he's a good and sweet guy on the inside. I'm pretty sure he's hiding his true personality."

Katsuki swiveled towards Eijiro and Y/N and glared, blushing a bit from Y/N's words.

"Don't start with those mushy crap, you two!"

"Yup. Same old nasty mouth, it seems. Even when someone's complimenting him." Center Part said, who seemed to be remiscing. This got Eijiro and Y/N curious.

"So what was Bakugo like in middle school, anyway?"

"Was he a braggart?"

"Hey!"

"Hmm... Pretty much just like this?"

"The most arrogant AND braggart guy you ever met."

"Yeah, thought he was the center of the universe."

"You jerks looking for a beating or what?" Katsuki said, clenching his fists.

"What's this? A future hero is no more than a violent thug?"

"Shut up! And outta my way, you extra."

Katsuki shoved Cowlicks aside and stomped off toward the drink bar to refill his glass. Y/N took a sip of her apple tea with ice from her glass, watching him leave as she wondered if it's too far.

"Actually, he almost seems to have chilled out a little since middle school." muttered Cowlicks, once Katsuki is out of earshot.

"Yeah. Maybe?" agreed Center Part.

"Back then, he seriously would've hit us for saying that crap. ANd he wouldn't have been caught dead tutoring someone."

"For sure. U.A. must be something special to change him like that... So? How's Katsuki behaving nowadays?"

Eijiro thought for a moment.

"Like I said earlier, I guess? What you see is what you get, which is why I like hanging out with the guy. Plus, he's got real talent. Everyone can admit that, at least."

"When I first met him, I took a liking to his determination and wanted to make a friend with him because he's cool."

"Hey, putting two and two together, you both must've been in the same class as Midoriya, right?"

Cowlicks and Center Part glanced at each other and mumbled, "Well... Yeah, actually."

"We knew Katsuki was a shoo-in, but Midoriya? Getting into U.A.? Not in a million years..."