"You still can't beat me."

Scoffing I hit his arm.

Beat him?

Okay, sure.

"I've never been able to beat you," I narrow my eyes. He relays my expression teasingly.

"We're going to keep training until you can."

"You're kidding," I laugh rubbing my eyes. No one can beat him that's why he's the alpha. Sure if I played dirty and used the bond against him maybe I'd have a shot. But he wants a legitimate win.

He looks amused as he watches me complain and question. "You don't have your wolf still. You need to be the strongest you've ever been in this form so you can defend yourself if anything happens."

I yelp as he suddenly wraps his arms under my arms and around back. I close my eyes as he starts falling backwards suddenly. Flinching I feel my stomach drop, though he breaks the fall as I land on top his chest.

My head resting under his chin as he hugs me close to his body. "I just don't want anything to happen to you."

"Nothing will," I try to assure. Though with our chests resting against each other I'm sure he felt the uneasy skip of a heart beat. The slight lie in my tone I'm sure he caught as well. I don't know what will happen so that's why I cant be confident in my words.

"You don't know that," he quickly calls me out on my shit. "That's why we have to be prepared."

He kisses my forehead quickly which makes me raise my head to look at him. His expression is blank which makes it so I can't read it. It's safe to say that he's just as afraid as anyone else.

I kiss his lips hearing him sigh off the tension as I do so. "Then we'll keep training." I tell him against his lips to which he nods.

I wouldn't mind continuing, but before I can get too ahead of myself he softly grabs the side of my neck pushing me away from him.

Frowning, he smirks. "Now now," he says in a mocking voice. "Seb is going to be here with the others soon. Let's get back to work before anything starts."

Sighing, I send him a look reminding him of the last time we were in here alone. He chuckles quietly before slinging an arm over his eyes.

I offer him a hand as I get to my feet, after many rejects, in which he gladly takes. Only a few seconds later Seb walks through the door with the warriors.

The place slowly fills with chatter and footsteps. Grey steps behind me, resting his forearms on my shoulders as Seb walks towards us.

"Surprised I didn't catch you two getting it on," he narrows his eyes stepping in front of me.

"Just a couple seconds too slow. You could've enjoyed the show," Grey teases which makes Seb rub his eyes chuckling slightly. I move my shoulders from under him in response which makes him lean forward before catching his balance again.

He nudges my back with his elbow in protest, but he just replaces them back on my shoulders again. "Alright, I'm going to walk away before I get jealous and leave the territory to see my mate." Sebastian smiles a bitter smile before he turns to walk away.

Quickly I reach out grabbing his hand, "Seb wait." I say, once again stepping out from under Grey. He groans, but I don't pay attention. "I know you want to see her, I don't blame you. When all of this is over-"

"But what if something happens," he interrupts looking down to me. It's been a while since I've seen him have such a serious expression on his face.