Chapter 40

Laying in the grass as I hear the birds chirping all around makes my mind go to ease. Its a warmer day, the sun shining brighter than the day before.

I sigh picking a blade of grass out of the ground, I shouldn't be nervous. Yet my heart is still beating with panic every few minute as I think about what I'm about to do. Who I'm about to see.

Penelope has left me, she told me to take as much time I need. She pecked my forehead quickly giving me words of confidence before strolling away.

I've been overthinking everything lately, and its not entirely fun.

Who am I kidding? I am the definition of over-thinker.

I guess I'm just doing it more than usual.

"What're you doing?" A deep voice snaps me out of thought as I looking back, squinting from the sun. I chuckle under my breath as Sebastian looks down to me, his expression very confused. His large figure blocking the sun, making my eyes relax from squinting.

"Thinking," I tell him simply patting the grass next to me, inviting him to sit down.

He grumbles in protest, but sits down next to me. "You know, I was just going for a run. But then I saw a body laying motionless in the grass. You're lucky I came to investigate before I called someone."

"You thought I was a dead body?" I smile looking up to him.

Seb laughs laying down finally, "Yeah." He continues his laughter as I join him.

In the middle of our laughing I think back to this morning, how he was so cuddly with Koda. It instantly puts a smirk onto my face, this'll be fun.

"How'd you sleep last night?" I narrow my eyes trying to suppress my smile as I see his eyes go wide for just a split second.

He nods slowly looking away from me, "Um-pretty good, I guess."

I can't help it when a huge smile comes across my face. "Yeah-" I pause choking down my laughter. "I bet you felt so secure in Koda's arms."

Laughter starts busting from my gut as he shoots up to a sitting position. "You saw?" He exclaims with wide eyes.

"I mean its no big deal. But you and I are best friends, you can tell me if y-"

He groans, "I'm not gay." He tells me like he's been asked many times before. "I don't know why, but ever since we were little, Koda and I have always done that. My mom has so many pictures of us at different ages cuddling." He grumbles his words making me smirk.

That's probably the cutest thing I've ever heard.

I smirk which causes him to scoff raising to his feet. "Enough about me. What about you? You're literally laying right outside Greyson's, parent's house."

"What about it?" I ask trying not to sound like I'm just wasting time, because I am.

He holds out a hand letting me grab it. Seb pulls me up to my feet, "Is he in there?"

He nods his head towards the house, making me bite my lip nervously. Slowly I take my eyes off of Seb, my eyes landing on the building. Full of windows, its a bright white color makes me frown.

I nod timidly.

"Well stop talking to me, go." He gives me a light shove.

Turning around I smack his hands, "I'm procrastinating." I whine.

"Why?" He crosses his arms almost looking disappointed.

Sighing my eyes flicker back to the house, "Because." I sigh, I'm overthinking again. "What if things don't go back to how they used to? What if he doesn't want to see me? What if-"