"It sounds like you all really don't hang out as a big group then."

Aaron shrugged, "I mean we have parties like every few weekends depending on which set of parents is gone for work or vacation. Most of us will go off campus to eat lunch together and you'll see a lot of us at Ty and Brenna's shows or at a Hockey game for the boys."

Elle, "We support each other like one big family we just don't all hang out every day."

I found that concept oddly comforting.

"But there has to be drama with this many teenagers and hormones involved?"

Elle nodded, "At this point we know things like don't put me in a room with Nina alone, don't let James and Brenna near each other for very long, Landon manages to someone off at least once a week, and Danny and Miri could have their own reality show.

I looked over at the tall girl in the crop top and mini skirt. She was definitely Elle's opposite. "Why don't you like Nina?"

Aaron's mouth started to smirk until Elle starred him down before answering me. "Two reasons. One, she's been out to get me since I started dating Aaron. Two, she's a skanky ass cheerleader bitch."

Damn, tell us how you really feel.

I looked at Elle pointing back to Aaron, "What does he have to do with it?"

Ari answered, "He's one of the few who won't date her. She was trying hard to get him to then he started dating Elle instead."

I closed my eyes and started rubbing my temples. "Again, this all sounds like a soap opera."

Elle shrugged, "You didn't have any boyfriend drama back in Texas?"

I shrugged, "I mean I'm fifteen. I haven't exactly had a lot of time to date between moving every few years and watching my parents get divorced." They did not ever need to know about Patrick.

"But your dad lets you date right?" Elle rebutted. I felt Ari's body tense at that question.

"I mean we haven't exactly had to have that conversation yet. I've lived with Jordan the past three years and she told me when I met someone I liked come talk to her about it then."

"So, have you even been on a date yet?"

I had had enough with her prying questions. Plus I didn't think making out with my ex-step brother counted as a date. They would think I was a freak if they knew that. I was not about to keep going down this road.

"I'm going to go get food now."

I got up and just walked away. I'm sure that was rude but it was none of her business. I went and grabbed a hot dog then joined in on they guys' game of flag football. It didn't surprise me that they had full sets of flags to wear. I was just glad I wore converse instead of sandals over here.

None of the other girls would play. Laura, Annie, and Nina though started doing cheers for my team and even me. I was guessing that was their form of female support? These Canadian chicks needed to learn to play with the boys not just cheer for them. The boys started getting competitive but I had my two cousins, Gavin and Jake, against Max, Declan, Logan, and Landon. My team kept passing me the ball and then blocking the hell out of the other guys until I could find a hole and make a break for it. They couldn't catch me. When we were on defense, I focused on ripping flags off of the other team until I had almost forgotten Ari was still here. That was a relief. I didn't like having such a visceral reaction to him. I looked over and saw him watching me play. The cartwheels had settled into flips. Much better. I liked being the one in my element. We finally called it quits and hour later and people started saying their goodbyes and heading home. Elle and Aaron walked across the yard to say goodbye and give me a hug to my surprise. My not so graceful exit from the conversation apparently didn't offend Elle too much.

Ari was still sitting at the table. I slowly walked over to him hoping I didn't smell too bad or look overly sweaty and gross.

"You're not heading out with Elle and Aaron?"

He shook his head no. "I wanted to talk to you some more. If that's cool?"

I smiled and sat next to him. He smiled back. Those blue eyes made me melt every time we made eye-contact.

"So what did you want to talk about?"

He looked a little sheepish now. "I just wanted to say sorry for Elle. I got on her when you left. She shouldn't have interrogated you like that."

"It's fine. Sisters do that, I guess."

I felt his hand started running somehow already familiar patterns on my shoulder.

We sat there in silence for a minute, both looking between ourselves and the ground. He finally made eye contact again and said, "Would it be weird if I said I haven't stopped thinking about the other night since you left the club?"

I smiled, "Same."

He smirked. "You are a really good dancer by the way."

I rolled my eyes slightly, "Thanks."

He squeezed my shoulder lightly. "So how are you enjoying Cabbagetown?"

"It's actually really cool. James has been showing me around some. I had no idea how artsy this place was."

"Yeah Cabbagetown is kind of known for being pretty diverse. I mean we have everyone from writers and painters to doctors and professors from the university."

"The university of Toronto is around here right?"

"Yeah. Jake is going there next year; we hope."

"I hope Dylan does too."

"Definitely. You ready for school?"

"No. The stupid principal is making me take a proficiency test to prove I don't need to be held back a grade."

He laughed, "You will like her. She's the now Ex-Mrs. Stone."

My eyes widened, "Seriously?"

"Seriously. I think you will do fine though. I'll make sure to show you around."

I relaxed into the curve his arm now made around my shoulder. "Thanks. I didn't want to look like one of the clueless freshmen."

He leaned over and brushed a stand of hair out of my eyes with his free hand. "Relax, I'll make sure you make it." His hand lingered on my neck for a moment making me shiver.

"Thanks."

He shrugged, "You're one of us now. It's the least I can do."

You want to kiss me.

I had never been so sure that a boy wanted to kiss me. I wanted to kiss him too. My dad had already left, and I didn't care who saw.

"Ari! Time to go brother!"

Dammit!

Reality was back. Our eyes unlocked and the moment was gone.

We smiled awkwardly and got up. Ari started to run ahead to catch up to his brother. He stopped short though and looked back at me to say, "I'll see you again soon, Little Harrison." I nodded and he finished closing the gap between him and his brother.

Ari left me feeling like this conversation was just starting. I walked over to where all three of my cousins were still standing. They all started making kissy noises at me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the football from James and started running with it. We started playing girls vs. boys. As Laura threw the football to me in another completed pass for a touch down, we started hugging and cheering. The boys decided to tackle and then tickle us until we were a pile of laughing teenagers. I had not felt this carefree in years. I wouldn't want to admit it to them, but I was actually excited for school now.