Prologue

"1647, it was the late years of Thirty Years' War, when a girl, fourteen years of age, with specks of freckles on her face, felt an unwillingly throbbing ache in her head and suddenly obtained the power of reading minds. She was called a witch and tied up high in a wooden altar and was burnt to death.

When Charles II was crowned as the King of England, a blond boy, sixteen years of age, made the lake of Windermere freeze in the middle of summer by just touching it with his bare hands. The people feared that he might be a curse, so they condemned him to death by burying him alive.

When Diego Salcedo was appointed as Governor-General in 1663, his first case to handle back then was the execution of a young Asian boy with brown skin, who killed three civil guards by levitating a single metal coin piercing along their skulls. The boy was killed by hanging.

In 1665, The Great Plague took over a mass 75,000 individuals, but this young boy with emerald eyes spoke and pleaded to the rodents to keep away from his family. He lived safe and sound until he tried to protect his friend, a falcon, from the hunters.

Hundreds were killed before the century sixteen hundred ended owing to such ironically uncommon uniqueness; or powers.

In the early seventeen hundreds, Isaac Newton's Principia was translated from Latin into English and at the same time,  23 teenagers were killed in the sense of having an extremely high temperature that caused a whole city to transform into ashes. The killing of the children is well-known as "The Prime Culling," which means "the first execution."

In the middle of the 17th century, the publication of the Encyclopédie began in France, and so the "culling" continued executing thousands of children with distinctive characteristics. Some of the mind-reading individuals, some that can concentrate electric charges making them possess the ability to strike lightning in a designated direction, few that can control metals and navigate the electromagnetic field, and abounding further.

Seventeen seventy-fifth, masses of people from different places gathered at the Fifth Rutherforth Square. Making a huge revolutionary act to stop the culling as it almost killed 1/3 of the world's  youth population making the next generation at risk of economic and social factors. This was called "The Flicker."

The parliament continued the culling and the public called it "Culling the Future." Almost every teenager was killed. Protesters were in every street holding signages imprinted with "There Is No Future If There Are No Children."

The public then noticed that each one born to this date will then have a peculiarity at the age of sixteen or younger; there will be no escape of it. 

In 1789, scientist Juros Galleyo proposed a study showing a significant factor affecting human development that purchased the attention of the parliament to stop the mass killings. Headlines were all over the whole world:

"THE FUTURE IS NOW."

Science revealed the true steps ahead of humanity.

Religions were all hesitating to give answers to the unsettling questions from their believers. 

Governments across the globe started to analyze that humans are adapting to the fast-changing environment and gave significant attention to accommodating the peculiar rather than seeing them as a threat to the living society they have.

The famous "culling" stopped.

In the early 1800s, all nations decided to make temporary peace with each other to surface the new challenge whole of the humanity is facing.

The rate of children having astounding abilities is at brisk and some have grown to adulthood. Dominant nations allocated their notable scientists to study, determine the cause, and reason out what to do with what's happening.

Governments built special holding facilities to accommodate people with extraordinary abilities, but the census shows that there is more peculiar than normal children. The world youth population is now 2/3 peculiar.

March 23, 1813, Juros Galleyo, making a name again, proposed his theory of species transmutation and evolution stating that the current situation is a part of it. 

A year after, Reginald Petronte, a Swiss scientist, empowered the theory of Juros Galleyo and explained much further the origins of the species and the concept of evolution.

Humans with existing extraordinary abilities of any kind are now considered the Homo sanctus, the given scientific name by scientists.

In 1857, twin Asian scientists Amida and Ambrocio Fullien discovered the DNA. On the other hand, in Michigan, 43 "unique" teenagers, together with 17 facility holders, were accidentally killed by a telepath with uncontrolled powers. All bodies were found with a shrunk brain. 

The discovery of DNA took humanity to another level.

The level where extraordinary is considered as normal."

And that is the last sentence of page 54 the book entitled "Hominum Historia" gave Trevor Inskeep, a 15-year-old boy turning 16 this coming eighth of October 2008, with no sign of his mutation yet, a weary head. He then left the large copper-colored book over his vintage desk and proceeded to probe human history in his head. 

He apprehended that one of his worst fears would be living the life of the first mutant of world history. Then he thought...

"What if humans did not evolve back then?"