You're Just Fine: Finn Wolfhard

Requested from @robynn_angst

"Molly." I hear Finn say through the phone with a shaky breath. "Finn, what's wrong?" I ask, quickly getting worried. Is he okay? "Molly. Please, I need you. Can you please come over?" I could hear his quiet sobs. "Yeah yeah, of course," I rushed out of my room and to the front door, "I'm on my way." I slipped my shoes on, opened the door, and walked out.

Nobody was home, at the moment, except for me. If anybody came home they'd know where I am, I don't go anywhere other than Finn's.

"I'll see you in a little bit. Okay Finn?" I tried to reassure him. "No!" He was quick to reply, "Please don't hang up. Stay on the phone with me, I need to hear your voice." I frowned at the sound of him being so worked up. "It's okay, calm down, I'm not going anywhere." I replied, followed by an attempt to take a deep breath by him.

I tried doing breathing exercises with him, over the phone, while I made my way to his house that was just a block and a half from where I lived. It didn't seem to do much help, but I was content with the fact that he was staying at least a little calm by listening to my voice.

"I'm coming in Finn." I told him upon arrival to his house. At the sight of no cars, I could tell nobody was home. I knew Nick wasn't, if he was there then Finn would have never called me being in such the state that he was because Nick would have been there to get him out of it.

"Okay." And with that, he hung up.

I walked into the very clean home and shut the door behind me, signaling to Finn that I was inside. I made my way up the stairs and to his room. The door was slightly open and I could tell he didn't have any lights on in his room. I lightly pushed the door open and my face softened at the sight of the boy that I loved on the floor.

He was propped up on the end of his bed with his knees to his chest, his head down in his arms that rested on top of his knees.

I made my way towards him and sat next to him. He knew I was there, he just didn't want me to see his face. He was crying and he was slightly embarrassed that I had to see him this way. I wrapped my arm around his thin frame and he let himself fall into me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I rested my hand on his head of messy, tangled curls. I could tell, just by the feel of it, that he had been running his hands through his hair and tugging at it out of stress. Poor boy. I pressed a small kiss to the top of his head. And with that it was like he couldn't hold it all in anymore. I just rubbed his back as he let out sobs, getting my shirt wet with his tears and a bit of snot, but I didn't care. I was going to let him take his time and he could talk when he was ready.

Not that long after, he slowly lifted his head. As I looked into his brown eyes, I could see them soften just at the look of my hazel eyes. I grabbed ahold of his pale face and wiped his tears with my thumbs. "What's wrong baby?" I asked with a quiet voice. He sighed and sank into my touch. " It's so hard Molly. I'm so stressed, It's weighing on me." I tilted my head in confusion, "What is?" He removed my hands from his face and held them in his. "The acting, the filming, the fake smiling, the photoshoots, the expectations." He stopped for a moment to look down at our hands. "Having to be away from you so much. It hurts. Everything is so difficult."

"Oh Finn. I know, I know you're having a hard time." I put my index finger under his chin and lifted his head. More tears started to fall from his face when he looked at me. "Sometimes I wish I never had this job. I could live a normal life with you. And it could just be us." I knew he felt that way at times, but I know he doesn't really mean it. This is his dream. "I know that sounds nice. To not be in the public eye and to be able to live our life together normally. But you have always wanted this Finn. You cannot deny that. You have lived through so many great opportunities that very few people get to. You've met so many amazing people while working. Whether that would be in the music or movie industry. If it came down to it, you wouldn't change this for anything. You're making your way to be the director you've always wanted to be."

He nodded his head and looked down letting even more tears come out. "Look at me Finn." I grabbed his face once again and kissed him. "I love you so god damn much Finn Wolfhard. And it pains me to see you this way. It's not fair, nothing is ever fair. And trust me, if I could take every small bit of your stress and hurt and make it mine, I would. In a heartbeat. But I can't. All I can do is be here for you, and that is what I will do until the day I die."

"Okay" He pulled a small smile and I pulled him into me again, holding him as tight as I could. I want to make him feel as loved and safe as I possibly can. I held his head against my chest and lightly swayed side to side. "You're just fine."

I really hoped you enjoyed reading this Molly! It was over 1000 words and took me a decent amount of time to do. :)

Happy Reading - grace<3