Finn Wolfhard: Still Warm

Warning: kinda sad? N/N- nickname

       I felt nothing. I was numb. I didn't want to feel anything. I didn't want to be alive.

8 months earlier

       I was very excited. My boyfriend came home from filming Stranger Things 3 today. Nick had texted me that he was going to pick Finn up from the airport and I could meet them at their house in an hour. But, that was three hours ago. I've been texting Nick. No answer. And Finn. No answer. And their parents. Also no answer.

       I waited patiently, in my living room, for a text back from anyone. And then my phone rang. It was Nick. I pick it up with no hesitation.

       "Hey!" I said excitedly, "Hi." He let out a shaky breath. "Is everything alright?" I questioned with a worried expression across my face.

       "It's Finn, Y/N."

       "W-what? What happened? Is he okay? Where are you guys?"

       "We're at the hospital that's an hour away from our street-"

        "Yeah yeah. I know where that is. What happened Nick?" I replied cutting him off while standing up from the couch and grabbing my jacket.

       "Finn and I got into an accident." I could hear him holding back tears. I stayed quiet, I was in shock. Is he okay? Was he hurt? That's all that ran through my head.

       "He unbuckled in the front for a minute and we got t-boned," Nick continued, "he went through the windshield. He broke his neck and his legs." I could tell he was trying to stay calm to keep himself from crying.

       "I'll be be there in an hour." I sniffed and hung up the phone.

       My dad was out with a friend so he left his car. And his keys. I didn't have my license. But I had my permit. I had to get to Finn.

       I didn't cry in the car. It was like I was numb. I felt like I couldn't feel anything. I couldn't think. My mind was blank.

       I got to the hospital in 45 minutes. There wasn't that much traffic and I might have sped a little.

       I ran in and went to the front desk, "I'm here to see Finn Wolfhard." I said, out of breath, to the man at the front. "How old are you?" He asked nicely. "I'm 15."

       "I'm sorry young lady, you have to be 18 or older to check in." He replied sincerely.

       "It's fine, she's with me." I heard a scratchy voice behind me. I turned to see Nick standing there. His dark hair in a mess. His face was stained with tears and it was puffy and he had a black eye (I figured it was from the accident). When I saw him I broke. I couldn't hold it in anymore.

       I slowly walked up to him and gave him a tight hug, he winced in pain. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry." I said releasing. "It's fine, my rib's just bruised." He replied pulling me back into a hug.

       "Can I see him." I wiped the tears off my face.

       "They won't let him have visitors for another hour."