Chapter 82

Hayden... and Damien.

I quickly pull my hand out of my t-shirt. They know each other?!

Hannah glares at a smiling Hayden as he approaches us with a murderous looking Damien. I suck my lower lip into my mouth when I realise that look is directed at me... Wait no, it's not, it's directed at my t-shirt.

"This would obviously be my luck seeing my exes back to back in less than two fucking minutes," Hannah grumbles.

This would obviously be my luck seeing the two guys who left me back to back in less than two minutes. One who left me of his own accord and the other I pushed away because he had left me.

I, for obvious reasons, don't voice that thought aloud. Hannah would be upset with me for not telling her about the guy I gave my first kiss to.

I realise my mouth is open, so I close it just as Damien and Hayden stop in front of us.

"What do you want?" Hannah growls, crossing her arms across her chest.

Hayden's expression suddenly grows serious. "Who were they?"

"Guys I was planning a reverse harem with," Hannah batts her eyelashes and makes a mocking apologetic face. "You're not invited, sorry. There can only be three guys in a reverse harem."

Confusion bubbles inside me. What's a reverse harem?

I can feel Damien's gaze burning a hole into me. I purposely avoid looking in his direction, afraid of the feelings that will arise. This is the first time I'm seeing him after he beat up a guy over me. After he wordlessly told me to not come close to him.

The image enters my mind uninvited.

I force myself to deter my focus away from him and onto Hannah, on getting her as far away from Hayden and as soon as possible.

"Those little punks, really Hannah?" Hayden quirks.

"What, you've evolved to stalking now? Was me not answering your phone calls not enough for you?"

Wait? He's been calling her? I narrow my eyes at her, but she doesn't notice, her death glare all too focused on Hayden.

Hayden's brown eyes grow hard. "It's town Hannah, we have only one town in this fucking city."

He's right...  Hannah and Sarah saw a friend of theirs from high school in Nandos, and we saw Alejandro just now with Hannah's ex who happens to be his best friend.

Small world would be an understatement.

Hayden takes a step closer to Hannah when she doesn't say anything.

No way! I step in between them. "Not a step closer," I warn, looking up at Hayden with what I hope is a harsh scowl plastered to my face. He's like two inches shorter than Damien, but two inches isn't much when I'm five ft five.

Hayden doesn't even spare me a glance, just keeps his gaze trained on Hannah as if I'm invisible.

'You're invisible to the world.'

"How was jail?" Hannah asks from behind me.

"Good. I missed you though," he says, trying to sidestep past me. I stop him with a harsh push against his chest. He doesn't try to move forward again, but the push doesn't make him move back either. He does, however, finally acknowledge me."Hi Hazel." He smiles down at me like I'm an amusing little child.

"Stay away from her," I tell him, pushing my hand back to grab Hannah's and walk away, but she doesn't move when I pull on it.

I look over my shoulder at her, confused, only to find her peering up at Hayden with a look that's between hate and love.