Chapter 154

"Olivia!" Trena yells.

Sarah's face falls. Then slowly, very slowly her eyes elevate off the ground and widen in my direction. "You!" She points a finger at me, her voice full of disbelief and... barely restrained rage? "And...Damien?!"

"Ha, she wishes," Olivia chortles out at the same time as I shout, "no!"

Olivia rolls her eyes at me. "She pines after him. It's so fucking pathetic. And the way she constantly stares at him in the cafeteria creeps him out."

I vigorously shake my head no as my lips part in both shock and hurt. Mainly hurt. He said that? But I don't stare at him. I sneak glances. I suppose now the correct term would be steal glances since I was caught by not only him but Olivia too.

It creeps him out?

My lungs painfully press down on my heart. It's as if they are trying to punish the naive thing.

Rightfully so.

"Shut the fuck up you dumb ugly bitch!" Hannah booms in Olivia's face. 

Hannah's face is mere inches away from Olivia's. And there's a determined evil look in Olivia's eyes.

I don't think twice, I climb up onto the table and begin to crawl off it.

Olivia continues on, undeterred. "What I don't understand is—" She sits her chin on her hand, bringing her face even closer to Hannah's and blocking my path "—why Hayden would go with someone like you..."

Hannah's face whips back in shock. "What is that supposed to mean?"

I get off my hands and knees sooner than I had planned. It ends up working out in my favour because as my legs kick out Olivia snaps back her arm, putting a little extra distance between her and Hannah.

Bonus point: my boots grazes her arm.

It also momentarily distracts her and she glares at me as she rubs the spot.

I fight back an eye roll — it wasn't even that hard.

Taking advantage of the aversion, I grab Hannah's hand to pull her away from Olivia's response. I'm not quick enough and Olivia puffs out her cheeks.

"You bitch!" Sarah screams and before anyone can so much as react to Olivia's horrible insinuation Sarah leaps for Olivia with her hands outstretched and reaching toward her throat.

Hannah yanks her hand out of mine and grabs Sarah, barely giving her the chance to so much as scrape Olivia's skin with a nail.

I find myself disappointed. And I'm someone who is extremely against any form of violence. I hate it. I guess I'm blinded to it when someone fat shames. 

Sarah thrashes in Hannah's arms. "Get the fuck off me! I'm going to kill her!"

Scared, Olivia scoots back in the booth so much she squishes Trena against the window.

I'm not disappointed anymore. I'm shocked. I'm every synonym of shocked. I was here trying to stop Hannah from feeding Olivia her fist. Not in a million years could I have expected to see Sarah needing to be stopped from feeding someone her fist. No sorry, she has no intention of feeding Olivia her fist, her fingers are spread out to strangle her. Which is way way worse.