15; time goes slow

Sana sat in front of the telephone box, with a bruised eye and a cut on the right side of her jawline.

She gave a faint smile to Nayeon, who still felt guilty - even if it had been two weeks since Sana went to jail.

"How... how are you?" Nayeon asked.

"Could've been better. I have to admit, the prison food isn't as bad as I thought it would be. Maybe I've been watching too much movies." She joked, still trying to be lively.

"Listen, Sana, I'm sorry-"

"Don't say it. I'm already stuck here, sorry isn't going to cut it."

Nayeon nodded sadly. "You know we're still trying to get you out. Mina's still missing and we've gotten all these texts from this unknown number."

"Have you shown the police?"

Nayeon nodded. "They tried to chase its location but it bounces everywhere around the world. Once it was in the Pacific Ocean."

Sana squeezed her eyes for a moment. "They really think I'm a murderer in here. I never knew Nari had so many fans, they literally beat me up because I supposedly killed her."

"Don't worry, we're trying our best." Nayeon took a deep breath in. "We're working on it. But we're not getting anywhere."

"It's alright. I'm getting a little used to life in here." Sana chuckled. "How's Tzuyu doing?"

Nayeon shook her head in disappointment.

"She hasn't said a word. She won't speak to anyone, let alone even eat or drink." Nayeon said. "We're not sure what to do. She doesn't even cry, but you can see the pain in her eyes."

"Maybe I shouldn't have come back." Sana immediately said, Nayeon looking up in shock.

"What, what- no, we were so excited!"

"Keyword: were. Now I'm in prison and one person is missing, the other is dead. One is in hospital and the rest are all crying over them."

"Sana, we didn't know this would happen."

"Maybe it's just fate for me to rot in here." Sana leaned her head on her arm. "I'll just live life here... forever."

"Okay, I get it that you're an actress, but no need to act so dramatic."

Sana smiled. "I think time's almost up."

Nayeon nodded. "What about your mum? Has she visited you?"

Sana shook her head as she got ready to stand up. "No, she thinks I'm a disgrace to our family. She even said I won't have to marry Niko anymore. So, that's a good thing I guess."

Nayeon agreed a little. "I'll come back next week."

"You don't need to. I won't let you take time out of your busy schedule to come visit me. Take care of Tzuyu for me, okay?"

Nayeon made her mouth into an 'O' shape. "But-"

"No buts. She's in a worse position than I'm in. See you some other time, Im."

"Same to you, Minatozaki." Nayeon put the phone back and walked away, taking one last look at the broken Sana.

****

Sana sat on the metal railings, counting the amount of dust on the floor. She had lost count several times, and went from 1003 particles of dust, all the way back to 1.

She didn't realise how slow time went. Two weeks in jail makes you feel like you've been there forever.

And with her as a 'murderer', she had to do much more labour than other prisoners, which felt like a daily routine.

Chaeyoung, Jihyo and Nayeon had all visited Sana in jail, and it felt good to have someone to talk to, even if it was just through a telephone.

And her mind suddenly moved to Tzuyu.

She gulped as she took another breath in, losing count once again of the specks of grey dust.

The sound of keys echoed its way through the corridor, on their way to Sana.

She looked up as the guard held the cell door and began to unlock it.

"Someone requested a special visit. Said it's important."

"I'll get ready." Sana stood up, uninterested.

"Okay, hurry up."

"I will."